More than 5000 vehicles.

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

John_Smith
Chairman
Chairman

More than 5000 vehicles.

Post by John_Smith »

Hi all,

I am trying to continue I map I been playing for some time (maybe 6-7 years) and one of the roadblocks is that I hit the limit on vehicle numbers (>5000). I love this map and do not want to change the way I have been playing it, all I want to do is have more vehicles in it. It is possible?

JS.
I not an boring person, I just get excited over boring things.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: More than 5000 vehicles.

Post by piratescooby »

10,000 limit when you play with jgrrp version.
John_Smith
Chairman
Chairman

Post by John_Smith »

Thanks for that @piratescooby, however I do not want to change how I play the game, I love playing the original version. All I like to do increase the number of vehicles from 5000 I have not even connected half the cities and need more vehicles or can not continue.

Thanks,

JS.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

You do not have to "change how you play the game" if you use JGR's patch pack.
John_Smith
Chairman
Chairman

Post by John_Smith »

Thanks Taschi, however I tried to download "JGR's patch pack" and I be honest it is very confusing and I give up. It also has many features I do not want all I want is one and that is to increase the number of vehicles.

Regards,
JS.
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

Well, in that case you can either try to understand JGR's patch pack (describing what is so congusing to you would be a good start), or deal with the fact currently, OpenTTD does not support what you want.
John_Smith
Chairman
Chairman

Post by John_Smith »

The first point is finding a simple guide with lots of pictures that could be printed out and so I can follow it on the screen. Would you be able to point me in a direction to get hold of something like this.
Last edited by John_Smith on 20 Jun 2021 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

JGR's patch pack is no more complicated than vanilla, personally I prefer to play JGR's patch pack , much more bells and whistles, just as easy to learn , if folks dont want certain extras , just forget them , After a while of playing JGR's patch pack , you wont want to play the vanilla Version .
Taschi
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Taschi »

John_Smith wrote: 20 Jun 2021 13:43 The first point is finding a simple guide with lots of pictures that could be printed out and so I can follow it on the screen. Would you be able to point me in a direction to get hold of something like this.
If downloading and extracting a ZIP file, and then double-clicking an EXE is so difficult that you need a print-out guide with "lots of pictures" for it, sorry, I can't help you.

Return to “General OpenTTD”