industries with production based directly on input

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

PointLuck
Engineer
Engineer

industries with production based directly on input

Post by PointLuck »

Hi,

I haven't played openttd for a while and always only played vanilla before. I recently played some other train game (mashinky) on steam and I quite liked that the production of an industry is a direct transformation of the input to the output. It's not that bringing input goods boosts output. There is a direct ratio of, eg, 2 iron ore + 1 coal = 1 iron. There are some industry extensions out there like FIRS, ECS, BSPI if I got it right. They all seem to use the more default openttd mechanics of boosting the production instead of a direct production ratio?

My question: Can you point me to some extensions that behave closer to the mashinky economics?

Cheers, PointLuck.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: industries with production based directly on input

Post by Wahazar »

I believe FIRS/XIS secondary industry is making immediate and direct output, but amount of output depend on history of other cargo delivered.
If industry demand 3 types of cargo and only one type is delivered, you will get less amount of production compared to the case when another components were also delivered before.

ECS and SPI is another story - input is stockpiled and slowly consumed, resulting in steady flow of products.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
PointLuck
Engineer
Engineer

Re: industries with production based directly on input

Post by PointLuck »

Ah very interesting. I didnt get that from a quick read. It sounds like ECS and SPI uses a mechanics I would like to play. Thank you.

Return to “General OpenTTD”