scenerio editor, Tourists Centre.

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

mauried
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

scenerio editor, Tourists Centre.

Post by mauried »

Building my own map, and have hit the wall when trying to add a Tourists Centre.
The only instructions for building this Industry is Tourists Centre should be built on special landscape, but nowhere can I find out what this landscape is.
If I try and build one I get a heap of error messages, none of which are any help.
eg Tourists Centre cant be built close to water, even though using the Industry randomizer it can build them close to water.
also Tourists Centre requires sloped land, which I have provided but I still get the same error message.
If I find an existing Tourists Centre which the Industry randomizer has built and I then copy the land layout so its identical, I still cant build one.
However if I find an existing Tourists centre which the Industry Randomizer has built , blow it up and then try and create my own one on the same squares it works.
It seems that something has to be done to the land before building one , but there is no info on what this is.
Any hlp appreciated.
kamnet

Re: scenerio editor, Tourists Centre.

Post by kamnet »

Assuming this is ECS Vectors, have you seen this page yet? https://www.tt-wiki.net/wiki/ECS_Town_V ... sts_centre

And, for the record, these things are just obnoxious to try to build. :-/
mauried
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mauried »

Thanks, Ill give up on this as the relevant info on how to build these things seems to be non existant.
The only info I can find re their construction is this line
Due to the intricate nature of the tourist Tourists Centre graphics, some ground preparation must be done before building each tourist Tourists Centre. Please refer to the graphics provided with each layout description.

The critical info seems to be in the last sentence , " Please refer to the graphics provided with each layout description."
I dont understand what this means as there is no graphics provided nor any layout description.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

mauried wrote: 13 Apr 2021 02:28 The critical info seems to be in the last sentence , " Please refer to the graphics provided with each layout description."
I dont understand what this means as there is no graphics provided nor any layout description.
Under "General Data", there are links to each type of tourist center that can be built. On each page is a graphic which shows you how the ground must be terraformed. And it's all very precise. For example, for the castle, almost all of the land has to be built on the side of a hill several tiles tall. All the tiles are sloped - except for one. And if that one friggin' tile isn't partially flat, it won't build.

It's unfortunately infuriating. No other industry NewGRF does this to this extreme. At most, you may need to have a tile that is built on a slope, and most of the time these industries will terraform or adapt to fit on the land they're built on.

Return to “General OpenTTD”