Translations needed for OpenSFX

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Wuzzy
Engineer
Engineer

Translations needed for OpenSFX

Post by Wuzzy »

:!: UPDATE 14/3/2021: OpenSFX can now be translated online, see https://www.openttd.org/development.html to learn how to contribute.

---------------

We're getting closer and closer towards a new version of OpenSFX. The current version of OpenSFX (0.2.3) was released under a problematic non-free license (CC Sampling Plus), meaning that technically, OpenSFX is not actually “open”.
This license will be replaced in the next version by only libre licenses. A couple of sounds have also been replaced.

This change means the description of OpenSFX has changed, so we had to reset all translations of the OpenSFX description. That's were you come into play. Please help us by posting a translation for the following sentence:
OpenSFX sound replacement set for OpenTTD. Freely available under the terms of these licences: CC BY-SA 3.0, GPLv2 (or later) and CDDL 1.1. For full credits see "readme.txt". [{TITLE}]
Please post the translation and the name of the language. Thanks! Please only post here if you actually speak the language well.

(Note: The “{TITLE}” is a placeholder that will be automatically replaced with the version number. Please leave this part unchanged.)

By posting a translation in this thread, you agree that your translation will be used in OpenSFX and be released under a free software license.

Languages done:
  • British English (en_GB)
  • American English (en_US)
  • German (de_DE)
  • Russian (ru_RU)
  • Ukrainian (ua_UA)
  • Finnish
  • Russian
  • Romanian
  • Polish
  • Esperanto
  • Danish
  • Catalan
  • Dutch
  • Swedish
Last edited by Wuzzy on 14 Mar 2021 19:20, edited 4 times in total.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Translations needed for OpenSFX

Post by jfs »

Danish (da_DK)
OpenSFX lydpakke til OpenTTD. Frit tilgængelig under betingelserne i følgende licenser: CC BY-SA 3.0, GPL v2 (eller senere), og CDDL 1.1. For komplet kreditering, se "readme.txt". {{TITLE}}
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

So why not just use the translations for OpenSFX? The English string is basically the same anyway?

anyway

Dutch nl_NL
OpenSFX vervangingsset voor geluiden voor OpenTTD. Beschikbaar onder de voorwaarden van de licenties: CC BY-SA 3.0, GPLv2 (of later) en CDDL 1.1. Voor volledige verantwoording, zie "readme.txt". [{TITLE}]

Esperanto eo_EO
OpenSFX sonanstataŭaro por OpenTTD. Uzebla laŭ kondiĉoj de la licencoj: CC BY-SA 3.0, GPLv2 (aŭ pli poste) kaj CDDL 1.1. Por la tute respondecularo, vidu "readme.txt". [{TITLE}]
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ALEXbr
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ALEXbr »

Romanian ro_RO
Setul de sunete OpenSFX pentru OpenTTD. Disponibil gratuit sub termenii licențelor următoare: CC BY-SA 3.0, GPLv2 (sau ulterior) și CDDL 1.1. Pentru o listă completă de credite, citiți fișierul "readme.txt". [{TITLE}]
ⒶALEX
My screenshots (OpenTTD); what should I do? Also, AltSFX!
I❤️OTTD
J0anJosep
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by J0anJosep »

Catalan ca_ES

Joc substitut de sons OpenSFX per a l'OpenTTD. Disponible lliurement sota els termes de les llicències CC BY-SA 3.0, GPLv2 (o posterior) i CDDL 1.1. Per veure els crèdits sencers, veure "readme.txt". [{TITLE}]
Formerly known as Juanjo
silpol
Engineer
Engineer

Post by silpol »

added Russian ru_RU and Ukrainian ua_UA translations as pull request.
Wuzzy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wuzzy »

Thanks for your help so far. I guess I will create a PR on next Saturday including all the translations that were posted so far.
silpol
Engineer
Engineer

Post by silpol »

added Polish (pl_PL) and Finnish (fi_FI) translations, with pull request again.

I tried to follow / mimicry your submission style in git, feel free to give me ref to manual about it.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

How about Swedish?

Not sure about language code or the pull request thingies, but feel free to use this :)

OpenSFX ljudpaket för OpenTTD. Fritt tillgänglig under villkoren för licenserna CC BY-SA 3.0, GPLv2 (eller senare) samt CDDL 1.1. För fullständiga referenser, se "readme.txt". [{TITLE}]
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Wuzzy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Wuzzy »

Thank you all. I have now created a pull request including all the translations that were posted so far. They will soon be officially included in OpenSFX, version 1.0.0.

https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenSFX/pull/29

You can still continue posting more translations, but they will probably have to wait for another version.

Return to “General OpenTTD”