Station ratings

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Oakman
Engineer
Engineer

Station ratings

Post by Oakman »

Hallo,

is there any option I don't see at https://wiki.openttd.org/Game_mechanics#Station_rating to bring the station ration of of mining station (=rather slow trains with about 120 km/h) above ~85%?

I've build a statue, and there is constantly a train picking up cargo. Is there anything else I can do?

Best regards!
2TallTyler
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Station ratings

Post by 2TallTyler »

There's a great YouTube tutorial by LugnutsK which goes over the various factors which affect station rating, and explains how to get to 100% (and why that's not really feasible or necessary).
Oakman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oakman »

Thanks a lot!

I'm using the Extreme Industry Set (https://bananas.openttd.org/package/newgrf/4a448807) which is a fork of FIRS3. There, the station ratings do not determine wheter production will rise or fall, but how many goods you are allowed to transport. So, for example if the Coal mine produces 200 Units per month and you have a station rating of 80 % you may transport only 160 units per month. For short good-chains this is not quite a problem, yet for long chains it is. In the Extreme Industry Set you have chains linke Coal Mine -> Coke Oven ->Blast Furnace -> Basic Oxygen Furnace -> Galvanization Plant -> Engineering Supplies Depot.

Thus, even a really good rating of 85 % would result in a total loss of 1-0,85^6 ~ 62 % over the whole chain. In short, for this constellation even a rating of 85 % is not really sufficient and I’ve to look for some mod.
Anyway, thanks again for the good link!
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

3iff made a "Station Ratings" NewGRF: viewtopic.php?p=1169324#p1169324
Latest version (15) is available at the end of the first post.
Not sure it works fine though.
Oakman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oakman »

arikover wrote: 13 Oct 2020 19:10 3iff made a "Station Ratings" NewGRF: viewtopic.php?p=1169324#p1169324
Latest version (15) is available at the end of the first post.
Not sure it works fine though.
Works fine, thanks a lot!
Oakman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Oakman »

2 remarks for the archive:

- Other than initially reported the GFR does not work with XIS; the first cargos (in alphabetical order) are somehow messed up so that transportation of these cargos isn’t paid at all.

- After playing some while with XIS it becomes clear, that a 100 % station rating isn’t needed. The production bonuses you get from delivering all needed cargos to a factory overcompensate the loss due to station rating < 100 %.

Return to “General OpenTTD”