Script for taking screenshots after a certain interval

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

nitrix
Engineer
Engineer

Script for taking screenshots after a certain interval

Post by nitrix »

Hi all, I just started playing a new map with some friends. I was thinking it'd be cool to regularly save giant screenshots of the map, resize them and combine them into a GIF, and then post that to our Discord.

I'm not entirely sure how to get the screenshots to appear regularly though, because as far as I can tell you can't write a console script that basically goes "wait 360 seconds; screenshot giant; exec wait_and_make_screenshot.scr"
As long as I can queue some screenshots to happen at a regular interval it should be easy to do the rest, but I'm stuck on this part.

Is something like that possible? Appreciate any thoughts, and let me know if you've done something like this before :) If I get it to work I'll post the source of the bot/script.

jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Script for taking screenshots after a certain interval

Post by jfs »

I think the only way to do it is to have an external program that manages the timer and connects to the server "admin port" and triggers the screenshot command from there.

Return to “General OpenTTD”