is FIRS cargos not working? Help with NewGRF

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Pjrm1470
Engineer
Engineer

is FIRS cargos not working? Help with NewGRF

Post by Pjrm1470 »

I need some help:
What is/are the NewGRF i need to install to make sure all the trian cargos works with every industry?

For example: I can deliver "Wood" to "Sawmill", but no cargo fills Timber.
I even tried making a train with all the cargos available, and none get the Timber produced.

What NewGRF do i need to install to have the right cargos?
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: is FIRS cargos not working? Help with NewGRF

Post by Hyronymus »

You need https://bananas.openttd.org/package/newgrf/f1250007. When inside OpenTTD you can download it directly via the Check Online Content button.
Pjrm1470
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pjrm1470 »

Hyronymus wrote: 09 Jun 2020 06:25 You need https://bananas.openttd.org/package/newgrf/f1250007. When inside OpenTTD you can download it directly via the Check Online Content button.
Hello. Thank you for your reply, but did you even read my post at least?
FIRS i have downloaded and enabled in game. Only the FIRS NewGRF doesn't have the train wagons to transport all the cargos that is produced by the industries.

I even gave the example above of not being able to load Timber at all. If i just install FIRS, i won't even load Wood with the current train wagons.
On wiki it says that it needs other NewGRF to be able to load the cargos added by it, but it doesn't list them.
I tried:
  • ECS & FIRS original vehicle set
  • UKRS2
None of them had the wagons to transport all the cargos produced by the new industries.

Ps.: I played on Extreme economy. And the year of the game doesn't matter in this issue.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

Pjrm1470 wrote: 09 Jun 2020 13:24 Hello. Thank you for your reply, but did you even read my post at least?
Yes I have, have you? Because I don't see where you wrote that you installed FIRS already. The only thing I misread in your first post is that you are looking for fitting vehicle sets, I hope another forum member dares to help you with that.
Firrel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Firrel »

If you want base vehicles with new cargo types, try OpenGFX+ Trains.
2cc Trains and a lot of other train newgrfs can handle it as well.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

OpenGFX+ Trains, OpenGFX+ Road Vehicles should provide full FIRS support using base vehicles.

If you'd like to try some different vehicles, the author of FIRS has also developed vehicle sets that support FIRS cargoes:
Road Hog (road vehicles and trams)
Iron Horse (trains)
Squid Ate Fish (ships)
HEQS (specialized road vehicles)
FLHerne
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FLHerne »

UKRS2 should support all FIRS cargos. You will need to refit vehicles for some cargos, which isn't the case for the default rail vehicles/cargos.
Temporary Permanent signature filling text. Content coming soon delayed indefinitely! Oh, and I have had a screenshot thread.
Linux user (XMonad DWM/KDE, Arch), IRC obsessive and rail enthusiast. No longer building robots; now I ring church bells.
Author of an incredibly boring stickied post about NewGRFs.

Return to “General OpenTTD”