Big Thank You to OpenTTD Devs

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

soltrdc
Engineer
Engineer

Big Thank You to OpenTTD Devs

Post by soltrdc »

Hello,

I played Transport Tycoon in DOS the year it came out. It was my first sim. It really is a one-of-a-kind sim - I've found many sim games to be either too simple or too complex, but TT manages to be simple and complex at the same time. The graphics were beautiful for its time and even today they don't look too bad. The music also is amazingly fun. I turn off in-game music/sounds for many games but never for TT. I've played many other games over the years, but TT is the one that I always come back to.

I would like to thank the devs for their continued development of the game, making it updated and giving it new playability several times over. In the course of time, I also purchased the CD-ROM of TTD, but even that has stopped working - the installer does not run on Windows 10. I fully believe that your work has enabled many people to experience this gem of a game that they would otherwise never have, simply because of technical reasons. I made a donation also, as an appreciation and a recognition of your work, and I hope you continue to keep this old horse going!

Return to “General OpenTTD”