Station No Clip

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

GuideRail
Engineer
Engineer

Station No Clip

Post by GuideRail »

I was wondering whether there was any Patch for OpenTTD that allows you to place signals on station tiles. This would be very useful for me as it would allow an arriving train to enter a railway station while the previous train is still departing, which would help improve capacity of my railways. I can't imagine it would be particularly difficult to program, just disable the collision between the two elements. Obviously I don't know how to do this, so can someone either point me to where I would start in order to do that, or if someone has already done it, can you explain how I add a Patch onto OpenTTD as all the other explanations just skip to a code box and I get lost.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Station No Clip

Post by jfs »

I was about to write that there isn't any free space in the station tile data structure for signal information, but I just checked and that might not be true. It looks like it could be possible, but there's still the question of making it work with the pathfinding. As far as I know, the pathfinder code assumes that if you can reach one station tile, you can drive to the end of that platform, so some fundamental assumptions would have to be changed for it.

Return to “General OpenTTD”