Cargo and other issues

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Bad Ed
Engineer
Engineer

Cargo and other issues

Post by Bad Ed »

Hi all - New to open TTD. Been Playing the original TTD since 1996. Been playing since then on an old Windows 98 SE computer with no internet. Never realized open TTD existed until recently.
Anyway - a few issues. Possible I don't know enough yet but .......

1. When a vehicle gets old I would normally discharge (unload) all cargo and then go to the depot, sell the old one and buy a new one. In Open TTD you can only "unload and take cargo". Therefore, when the vehicle needs to be replaced you lose any cargo (dead passengers and lost cargo) as you can't totally discharge. This is most annoying, especially when the industry or station doesn't have a lot of cargo.

2. When picking up cargo, if there is more than one type at a station, like wood and mail, the system says "full load any cargo". If my primary cargo I want to transport is say wood, and the locomotive can carry mail, I notice that if the locomotive is full with mail it will immediately return to the receiving station instead of waiting to fill up on wood so the wood never really loads.

3. Also, what happened to the electric trains about 30 years prior to monorail? They no longer exist?? Or do I need to download something?

Thanx for the assist.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: Cargo and other issues

Post by PikkaBird »

1) Click the dropdown next to "full load any cargo" and select "no loading".

2) Click the same dropdown and select "Full load all cargo", although that will cause problems with stations that don't produce mail. Probably easiest to avoid using that loco on freight trains.

3) OpenTTD has electrified rail as a seperate rail type. You have to upgrade your tracks (which is easy to do, just drag a box over the route with the last tool in the electrified rail construction window) to use electric locomotives. There are no default electric locomotives in arctic or tropic, but that was the case in TTD too.

Welcome to OpenTTD! You can find a lot of information about what's different or added from TTD on the wiki.
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Cargo and other issues

Post by 3iff »

1) Check autoreplace. You can set vehicles to replace themselves when they get old...and they retain the cargo they are carrying.

Return to “General OpenTTD”