A train skips an order in OpenTTD

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

andreugaldran
Engineer
Engineer

A train skips an order in OpenTTD

Post by andreugaldran »

Hello, I am playing OpenTTD Russian Community Patchpack, an all-Spain train map made by me, and happens the following:

1. An Euromed train, having Alicante Terminal as current order since the depart of Valencia Joaquin Sorolla, instead of going through the line Valencia-Xativa-La Encina, goes through the line Valencia-Castello-Tarragona and arrives to line Tarragona-Caspe-Zaragoza (Through this line, no Larga Distancia trains run)!!! So I have no choice, I have to create a depot and send the Euromed in it, and copy this Euromed orders to another Euromed. (The problem is still persisting)
2. The same as the point 1, but having Castello de la Plana as current order, instead of going through the line Valencia-Castello-Tarragona, goes through the line Valencia-Xativa-La Encina and arrives to line La Encina-Albacete-Madrid.
3. In this point, some Talgo and Media Distancia trains lose on the line Albacete-Madrid. I don't know what happens, but a Media Distancia train, between Tembleque and Villasequilla, having stop at both stations, skips the current order to Madrid Atocha Cercanías.

Is there someone can help me?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: A train skips an order in OpenTTD

Post by PikkaBird »

It sounds like you're talking about "implicit orders", which are not orders at all but just a record of stations the train has encountered along the way. It's always easier with a screenshot rather than just a description!

If you want your trains to follow a particular line, give them actual orders to the stations on that line, or build a waypoint and give them orders to go via that.
andreugaldran
Engineer
Engineer

Re: A train skips an order in OpenTTD

Post by andreugaldran »

In Russian Community patchpack 1.5.0, that it's the version I'm playing, the trains cannot have implicit orders.

I'll give a screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l71L4Z ... sp=sharing

In blue, the path that the train goes, having as current order Alicante. In yellow, the path that the train goes, having as current order Castello. Just look at the destinations in the first/last pixels of the image, those are the destinations where the line really goes.

And another thing, if I make the Euromed the order "go via Sagunt" direction Castello, the Euromed in Sagunt won't go by the no-platform tracks, that is used for non-stop trains. This train will go by the "with platform tracks" used for the stopping trains.

Return to “General OpenTTD”