Mare Internum Scenario

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

YannTheOtter
Engineer
Engineer

Mare Internum Scenario

Post by YannTheOtter »

Hello,

So to start I am a huge history buff and love ancient grece and rome in particular. And I have a habit of naming stuff in games accordingly, in Cities Skylines my cities always are nymed Byzantium, Neapolis or Sparta, you get the idea.

So just for fun, I started making a scenario in OpenTTD centered around the mediterannean sea of ancient times, also called Mare Internum by the Romans. So far the scenario features most of the cities and colonies in mainland greece and ionia, sicily and south italy, black sea, north africa, anatolia, cyprus and the levant, iberia and the bealears and southern france.

Things that still need to be done:

-Smoothing of terrain since I stretched the heightmap and the pixels are still visible in a lot of places.
-Etrsucan Cities
-Anatolian Cities
-Persian and Caucasian cities
-Rivers and Lakes (I already know that will be an ordeal cuz I suck at that ;w;)
-A lot of the Aeagen Islands are either missing or not shaped properly
-Macedonian and Epirote Cities
-Minor Coastline adjustments

So for those who ask where I got the heightmap from, I took the heightmap from Europa Universalis, cropped the part I wanted, adjusted the blackness level so it would be properly rendered by OpenTTD, and viola.

I am open to critcism and advice, and yes I am aware that not everything is 100% accurate but I do my best.
Attachments
Mare Internum.scn
Mare Internum Scenario File
(10.46 MiB) Downloaded 117 times

Return to “General OpenTTD”