downloads in game

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Strawbs89
Engineer
Engineer

downloads in game

Post by Strawbs89 »

hi all i'v just seen and tested londons overground train and the southern trains
they are wicked, but one problem i have i can't seem to load them into my previous game that i have?

now is there a way i can load them into my saved game without having to start a new game

my saved game is attached
Attachments
Southern Express, 26th Apr 2027.sav
(902.54 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: downloads in game

Post by jfs »

In general, you can't add, remove, or change, any NewGRFs after starting a game, no.

You can try doing it by enabling the NewGRF developer tools, but it will most likely not work correctly, and only make your savegame unplayable. The reasons it can't work trace back to how games were constructed 25 years ago, and fixing it would be almost impossible.
Strawbs89
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Strawbs89 »

how do i bring up the newgrf dev tools
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

You need to edit the config file with a hidden setting, info: https://wiki.openttd.org/NewGRF_Debuggi ... oper_tools

After that, relaunch the game (edit the file whilst the game is closed, else when you close OpenTTD later it may write the config file again), afterwards the settings button will now include 'NewGRF settings', select it.

save your game first, as this will, in a lot of circumstances, break it afterwards
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Where "afterwards" may be anywhere from immediately to (game) decades or centuries later
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.

Return to “General OpenTTD”