OpenTTD 1.9.3 released - 16th September 2019

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

OpenTTD 1.9.3 released - 16th September 2019

Post by jfs »

OpenTTD 1.9.3 is now published.

Yet another service release for 1.9, while we are also working towards making a 1.10 version.

This release especially focuses on two issues hitting macOS users: Many have had really bad performance, with framerates below 10 on the title screen. The cause was identified to be colourspace conversions happening (big thanks to SoothedTau in issue #7644) and found a fix. There is a risk this causes incorrect colours, hopefully that’s an acceptable trade-off. Additionally, some misconfigured multiplayer servers have been sending out server names with invalid UTF-8 text, revealing a bug in text handling on macOS, causing crashes. This has also been fixed.

Apart from those two bugs, there are also some other improvements: UI scaling fixes, text fixes, file browser sorting, and it’s become a little easier to send vehicles to oil rigs and other water industries. For those playing city builder scenarios in particular, a certain playstyle was causing crashes when building road stops over one-way roads, this is also fixed.

Download!
Changelog!!

And the news post.
TrainLover
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenTTD 1.9.3 released - 16th September 2019

Post by TrainLover »

I can't wait until 2.0.0! I wonder if there are any large differences in the works...
Developer of North American Passenger Liveries: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87228
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

TrainLover wrote: 18 Sep 2019 22:03 I can't wait until 2.0.0! I wonder if there are any large differences in the works...
Next version will be 1.10.0, which unfortunately will break the nice routine that was Version X.Y.0 = Released in year 20XY, but retains the sanity of versioning which dictates that 1.0.0 indicates 100% stable and released, and 1.x.y are incremental revisions past 1.0.0 showing linear progression.

Anyhow, the "large difference" so far, IMO, will be 64 combined roadtypes and tramtypes, and multiple ship docks per station, both of which are already in nightlies.
jbond_13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jbond_13 »

I am green here so very well may be in the wro0ng area.My issue is that AI had a version 1.6.1 I believe on my PZC and it was great so I found the new veriosn down loaded it and installed. It seemed that I was missing something in that the graphics were not as good as on the older version. I tried adding the files that change things but nothing seemed to work. So I uninstalled it and wiped the registry just in case. I installed the current version everything is Toyland still. What can I do to ix it I want to play the game? Please help me I am totally lost.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

jbond_13 wrote: 06 Oct 2019 00:59 I am green here so very well may be in the wro0ng area.My issue is that AI had a version 1.6.1 I believe on my PZC and it was great so I found the new veriosn down loaded it and installed. It seemed that I was missing something in that the graphics were not as good as on the older version. I tried adding the files that change things but nothing seemed to work. So I uninstalled it and wiped the registry just in case. I installed the current version everything is Toyland still. What can I do to ix it I want to play the game? Please help me I am totally lost.
If you are starting a new game, click the New Game button. At the top are for squares which represent Temperate, Arctic, Tropical and Toyland. The game will default to whichever environment you previously selected. Just click on the one you want to use before you launch your new game.
jbond_13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jbond_13 »

Great that sure was one issue. However does the 1.9.1 only have British items in it. It seems that is was not like the older version I have. Alos in 1.6.1 I am having the issue with coal trains I can get a engine but there are no coal cars for the train. It shows only a coal truck.
I really have played this game a lot before I upgraded to 1.9.1 but then every thing was different or just not the same for me. Also if I import a new patch the Gff I believe is is called how do I know it is working or not other than spend time playing the game to see if it works. Also can I import more than one of the Gff or is there a limit.

Thanks for the help you already gave me.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

The original graphics were based on British vehicles, buildings, etc. The replacement OpenGFX graphics set emulate that, and there have been no changes in that since OpenGFX was published in 2009. Most likely during your previous install you downloaded and activated NewGRF sets which added new styles.

If the NewGRF is properly designed (and almost all of them created over the last decade are), then they will work when you go into NewGRF Settings, add the various files to your active list and set any preferences (if needed). When you start a new game they will be active. You cannot modify existing games without intentionally changing some settings and ignoring dire warnings that doing so will corrupt your game.

There is a limit of 64 NewGRFs active at any time.
jbond_13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jbond_13 »

But I am still missing the coal car for the train. It was in the old install and worked fine now it is gone when I downloaded the version I found on the website with the same version number?
Douglas
jbond_13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jbond_13 »

No idea how to do so?
Doug
jbond_13
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jbond_13 »

Never mind dumb ass here was reading the items wro0ng. It says coal truck so I was thing truck road but since it is the British item then I now under stand.
Thanks again for you help I am very thankful for it.\
\
Doug
Lurkmore
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lurkmore »

Sorry to necro this, but does anyone have a copy of this version? Need it for the following... viewtopic.php?p=1266167
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Lurkmore wrote: 13 Dec 2023 11:56 Sorry to necro this, but does anyone have a copy of this version? Need it for the following... viewtopic.php?p=1266167
All of the old versions are on the openttd site, here is the folder of downloads for 1.9.3, all the different downloads for all platforms are here, so it should have the one you need. https://cdn.openttd.org/openttd-releases/1.9.3/
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
fridaemon
Director
Director

Post by fridaemon »

We needed this version because of workin' graphics of MARS road stops. I found it ;) Lurkmore wanted to add these stations to Roadstops set.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Beach Objects * Shopping Centres * Skyscrapers * Garage Entrances
Modular Warehouses * Trucks & Buses Parking Lots * Bus Depots * Bus Terminals
Road Waypoints * Road Stops * Eyecandy Objects * Building Set

Winner of the Screenshot of 09/20, 11/20, 02/21, 06/21, 07/21, 05/22 and 06/22.:twisted:

Return to “General OpenTTD”