Starting a Server

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Dan_The_Man
Engineer
Engineer

Starting a Server

Post by Dan_The_Man »

Hi all,

I am not new to playing TTD online, but I have never hosted a server before.

I want to start hosting a server, and I have created a decent map.

I wondered how I go about adding different graphics packs to the server for different trains, stations, etc.

Thanks.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Starting a Server

Post by Redirect Left »

If you are playing from Windows (or a graphical version), setup the newgrfs you want to use as you would before launching a new game, then go to multiplayer tab from home screen, start a new server, and there is an option to load a game or play a scenario, one of those im fairly sure is what you are looking for. Be warned, if you are loading a map, you might need to go back ot that map in the scenario / map editor and edit it so it is using the newgrfs you want, rather than just adding them from NewGRF settings in home menu as you'd do before starting a new game.

If you are starting up a server in terminal, launch openttd with the -D parameter for dedicated server, add any settings and newGRFs to the cfg file first, the server will read from that i believe.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.

Return to “General OpenTTD”