Missing Files

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ChrisInNorth
Engineer
Engineer

Missing Files

Post by ChrisInNorth »

Hi all
There seem to be a lot of OpenTTD scenarios that people have created.. but for 90% of those I download I get the message 'missing files'... and the option 'download missing files usually leaves my PC hanging in some way.

Is there a source of missing files somewhere I can download? Or a way of telling which scenarios don't need extra files?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Missing Files

Post by Eddi »

your computer should not be freezing when fetching missing files, as that uses the same download method as getting the scenarios in the first place.

as for alternative ways to get the files, that depends a bit on what files are missing. NewGRFs or GameScripts/AIs
kamnet

Re: Missing Files

Post by kamnet »

Sometimes you can find the missing files by using the in game content downloader. For many scenarios, however, are often created using much older versions of
NewGRFs that were developmental. Those are sometimes not as easy to find.

the easiest thing that you can do is to point us to where you obtained the scenario file from so that somebody can take a look at it and either try to find the missing files, or possibly update the scenario with newer files if possible.

it's not particularly hard to do this yourself, but you do need familiarity with a lot of these add-ons.

Return to “General OpenTTD”