New to the forum old fan

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Nordic player
Engineer
Engineer

New to the forum old fan

Post by Nordic player »

Thank you for a very Great game. I have played transport tycoon from the start and I love the game. There is some cases that return and make chalenge for the game. I have use some time in the last, to learn my signal. Many times I have got tide of the game because im strugling WITH!!!!! the signals. So this time im readet my upp about signal system and sudenly I I find a way to build signals a way that not cause trafic jam. After my opinion that is importen to avoid trafic jam because It take the whole time to fix jam. Only path signals was the answer for me. Not Block and presignals, that will always make more ordne less problem. In my latest game I have no trafic problem and I run multiple trains each line WITH!!!!! No problem. Headache right now how should I do It. All my lines are double track and the speed of my pasenger train is 101 km /t WITH!!!!! post wagon. I play WITH!!!!! the 32 b CDS. It is beauty for my eyes but there is some limit WITH!!!!! the set. I am playing right now in 1966. There is a new generation pasenger wagon that have a speed limit of 120 km. One limit is that, is not any New postwagon so the post hauling pasenger train have a speed limit on 101 km/t. And there is no good idea to run train in 120 km /t on the same line as the trains that run in 101 km/t. I want to run ekspress pasenger train on the same line as the post train. I run multiple train WITH!!!!! different config pasenger /post That is not posible to build a track more. The City have growt and there is no space to expand the station or track
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New to the forum old fan

Post by jfs »

Welcome to the forums!

You're right in your observation that path signals are easier to get good results with that block/pre signals, and I also always recommend everyone to use path signals for everything. (There are some very specific cases where block signals can be better, but they're rare.)

Upgrading from one speed of trains to another is annoying, you basically have to put up with the inefficiencies in your network while you work to replace everything. One thing that can maybe help is using the speed restrictions in timetable view of your orders, but that can also be fiddly.

Apart from that, having trouble fitting all the trains you want in and out of a large city is something real railway companies also have trouble with :) You have to either plan ahead and overbuild your central station and the lines in/out from early on, or buy land before the city builds there, or you have to slowly expand by demolishing bits of the city and enlarging your station, piece by piece.
Nordic player
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nordic player »

Before I always play WITH!!!!! germman trains grf. The problem was the same. Postwagon have a different speed limit than pasenger wagon. When I play I create a network in the map I conect citys to citys and try to produce gods to suply the cities In my dreams I want to create å Mainline that many trains Can use WITH!!!!! different prioryty. Trains WITH!!!!! different speed wil always cause problem and innefecy to the route. Earlier I use different space on the station. Now I always use 7 tiles leght. If not that would cause problem in the furture. I havent try out four track line, but I would try it in the next game. Would it work WITH!!!!! a double track each way that have crossover so the train enter the other path when there is a slower train in front. Or would It only work WITH!!!!! one fast and one slow track?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

There isn't a simple way for a faster train behind a slower train to know when it's behind a slower train and automatically switch to a free line so that it can go faster.

You might want to consider visiting www.openttdcoop.org and look through their wiki to learn some advance signaling techniques. You may find this information useful.

Return to “General OpenTTD”