Question About Cargo Distribution

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

rambolz
Engineer
Engineer

Question About Cargo Distribution

Post by rambolz »

So, I'm quite new to playing with cargo distribution enabled (passengers symmetric in this case), and I have a question about the way it actually works.
CargoDistBus.png
(398.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I made this simple bus route. The bus' orders are:
  1. Penfingbridge South (P South)
  2. Penfingbridge Central (P Central)
  3. Penfingbridge (P)
So it just drives in a circle.

You can see in the attached picture there are 23 passengers waiting at P Central, of which 14 want to go to P South (via P) and the rest want to go to P. Now, what I expect the bus to do in the next few steps:
  1. Stop at P Central and load all the passengers to the bus
  2. Drive to P, stop and unload the 9 passengers that want to go there, but keep the 14 passengers going to P South onboard
  3. Still at P, load any passengers waiting there
  4. Drive to P South, load/unload as needed
But what ended up happening, the bus drives to P, unloads everyone, loads the passengers who were already there, and takes off. What happened to the 14 passengers that wanted to go to P South?

I observed the bus for a while, and it seems that the bus just randomly unloads/loads passengers, sometimes not unloading at all at stations although the previous station's screen showed people wanting to go there, and sometimes unloading everyone even though not everyone wanted to go to that stop. So how exactly does cargo distribution work in this case? I'd be grateful for any information regarding this!
rambolz
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Question About Cargo Distribution

Post by rambolz »

kamnet wrote:Could you post your savegame, please?
Here you go. It has a few NewGRFs enabled (BaseCosts Mod 5.0, New airport asphalt, American Road Replacement Set, and Total Bridge Renewal Set), but I don't think those should modify the cargo distribution behavior?
Attachments
Natwood Logistics.sav
(58.97 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

Return to “General OpenTTD”