OpenTTD website not working?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

YourLittleAngel
Engineer
Engineer

OpenTTD website not working?

Post by YourLittleAngel »

Pardon my ignorance but im very new to this whole thing and im not even sure if I can technically post this here. I just want to know if the openttd website OpenTTD.org is undergoing some kind of maintenance? Or am I just supposed to find the files to download somewhere else. Im rather confused because everytime i try to access it just tells me the IP isnt able to connect. Again pardon my ignorance and ill delete this post after I get some kind of solution, but ive read and looked around for about an hour now and frustratingly cant find any solution...

-Angel
cmhbob
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenTTD website not working?

Post by cmhbob »

--
Bob
The wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...
Me, elsewhere
YourLittleAngel
Engineer
Engineer

Post by YourLittleAngel »

I got it figured out. Apparently my ISP just straight up didnt let me connect to the website... I had to get a better VPN and then access the website and it let me download the thing... Why this would happen? Idunno. If anyone can indulge that'd be nice
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

YourLittleAngel wrote:I got it figured out. Apparently my ISP just straight up didnt let me connect to the website... I had to get a better VPN and then access the website and it let me download the thing... Why this would happen? Idunno. If anyone can indulge that'd be nice
Your ISP may have somehow accidentally misconfigured their DNS routing. Doesn't take long for them to figure out they goofed and fix it.
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Turns out IPv6 was not working for the last day or so. That is most likely why it didn't work, but did work with a VPN. All fixed now. Sorry for the issues :(
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Return to “General OpenTTD”