How do I ever fix this?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Expresso
Tycoon
Tycoon

How do I ever fix this?

Post by Expresso »

Ok. I managed to get myself in a bit of a hairy situation. The junction you see in the screenshot needs improvement, as frequently trains are queing up. Has anybody got an idea how to fix this junction on a stamp?
The Connected Country, Jan 22nd, 2146.png
(558.23 KiB) Not downloaded yet
It's about the junction between Einddorp and Einddorp North.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: How do I ever fix this?

Post by jfs »

Maybe try adding another track to Einddorp North, and have the line entering from south-east bridge over, so the south-east line enters the two central tracks on North, and the trains from the main station enter the two outer tracks.
Dave

Post by Dave »

A big step, but one not beyond the realms of reality, would be to build a cut off line for those trains crossing the junction north to south away from the city. Presuming of course some trains run through Einddorp North non stop.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Expresso
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Expresso »

I fixed it!

I separated traffic from the south in flows to Einddorp North and Einddorp. I managed to cram a bridge in roughly the same amount of space. The bridge eases traffic pressure from Einddorp to Einddorp North.
MT3269
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MT3269 »

I tend to build completely separate corridors for different cargo types. I would recommend building a separate line that enables trains to bypass this junction completely, unless they are serving any of the stations shown in the image.

Cities/towns can be a nuisance. As a result , a tiny number have become ghost towns for not cooperating with me :). Ideally you would keep your consists moving at speed as much as possible, which is not possible with the route shown.
Formerly Trainskier1406

Return to “General OpenTTD”