Disable rail types other than modded local railway?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Superjoeyman
Engineer
Engineer

Disable rail types other than modded local railway?

Post by Superjoeyman »

Hi, I'm trying to make a scenario about small 2ft gauge railroading, is there any way to disable all standard gauge/electric/monorail/maglev track, without getting a replacement grf? If possible, also something to tweak up the price of road, air, and sea travel would be nice. Many thanks, everyone.
kamnet

Re: Disable rail types other than modded local railway?

Post by kamnet »

Nope, you'll need newgrfs. A base cost mod will take care of the latter, I'm not aware of any 2 ft gauge train sets though. You've got a few regional NG sets and the 600mm set.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

you cannot disable the builtin railtypes, but NewGRFs can change their properties (look, costs, compatible vehicles, etc.)

also, a NewGRF can disable the default vehicles (and introduce new ones), and all railtypes which have no vehicles available will stay hidden.
Superjoeyman
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Superjoeyman »

Sorry, when I said 2ft it was interchangeably with 600mm, which was the set I was thinking of, considering they're basically the same guage. I understand I need newgrfs, but are there any that just remove, or remove + add with a really late intro date? Again, thanks everyone.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

you can make a NewGRF which disables the default trains, it's basically just one line (besides all the general NewGRF setup)
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Just make the 600mm gauge set the only train newgrf available in the scenario and you should not get standard gauge rail as there will be no trains to run on it.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

A quick grf that allows you to disable features (vehicles, houses, cargoes, industries and airports) that are either in the base set or in grfs above this grf in the list. This can crash the game if you don't load grfs after it. Please don't complain about that. Also attached are the strings. If you could translate those, then I'd happily add the translations into the grf, so it can be more easily used.
Also added the source code. Sorry about any inconsistencies. GPL v2.
Attachments
feature_disabler.grf
Actual GRF
(2.05 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
english strings.txt
For translators
(1.09 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
gwzz.nml
Source
(1.96 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

Return to “General OpenTTD”