Help with stations

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

pickledcucumber64
Engineer
Engineer

Help with stations

Post by pickledcucumber64 »

Okay, so I have a factory with a train station by it and there are supposed to be goods in it when they are produced and it does BUT I recently built an intercontinental airport sort of nearby and some of my planes takes goods from an oil refinery and deliver it there. So there are goods at the airport that shouldn't be there, and at first I used trucks to deliver it back at the train station, but I don't like doing that. Is there anyway to prevent the goods from going to the airport?

kamnet

Re: Help with stations

Post by kamnet »

Rebuild your airport so that its cachement area doesn't come into contact with the factory.
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

You must destroy airport, wait for his name willn't exist (even grey), then build it again and see that factory doesn't gets at it zoning.
Image Image
Sprite artist and NewGRF developer, coding in NML. My projects:
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
Screenshots: New York City Subway Episodes
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Have you got symmetrical cargodist for goods enabled? Might be causing it?
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

Quick solution:
Destroy the station near the factory and rebuild that with CTRL+C and make that part of the airport (doublecheck your trainorders, to see if they will stop/load at the new station).
That way you wont loose the already produced goods waiting at the airport.
This is probably also the cheapest way.

Long solution:
- As Tony said, destroy the airport and wait for the name to totally dissappear (you may need to park the planes that went to that airport for a while)
- After the name of the airport is gone (so also in grey, as Tony said), make sure your station now gets the goods (by letting trains load in it, but they probably already are)
- Rebuild the airport (I think you can place it at the same spot, but the next step is very important then)
- Then make sure that the orders of the planes, that carried goods from your refinery, are that they only deliver goods (so orders are, leave empty)!!!

Basically (for future games), make sure that if you have multiple stations (or truckstops, airports, docks, etc) that have a catchment area over a cargo-producing industry, that only one of those stations (truckstops/docks/airports) has carriers with orders to load that specific cargo, then only that station will have that specific cargo waiting there.
Probably what went wrong is that your planes also have orders to not only deliver goods (from the refinery), but also pick them up at that airport.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

No need to wait for the name to disappear, OpenTTD will automatically remove cargo from a station if there hasn't been a pick-up for that cargo type in ~2 years.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

just make sure all the cargo planes have "unload and no loading" set
pickledcucumber64
Engineer
Engineer

I don't know if moving the airport is a viable option; I'd have to move the airport a lot because of it's huge catchment area but it'll get farther from the town meaning less passengers. (I have a lot of passenger planes land at the airport too). While it might be a good idea, I think I might just have all of my planes be set to unload and no loading for now.

I have asymmetric cargodist for passengers and mail only. I was thinking about turning it on for non-valuables, and then I noticed this.

I've included a picture of this predicament if that might help.
Attachments
airport 2.JPG
airport 2.JPG (85.75 KiB) Viewed 2168 times
pickledcucumber64
Engineer
Engineer

it worked

Return to “General OpenTTD”