GUI In-game Windows Sizes

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

!RËX
Engineer
Engineer

GUI In-game Windows Sizes

Post by !RËX »

Hello everybody, loving this game, learning something new everyday!
Have been playing some games on Android, lots of fun!
My question is about interface windows like the new vehicles or the objects one:
is there a way for resizing it?
The problem is that when opening the objects window, as an example, it takes major part of the screen, letting only a few centimeters for the map/editing window behinds it... almost can't see what is editing, or where to put the new object...
It would be great if someone could point me how to change the default size for this window!
In the case of new vehicles window, the left part of that window is too small, and left no space for showing the name of the vehicle, meanwhile the right part is too big, and major part showing nothing, mean no useful information at all... I've notice that changing the game's language it resizes for different proportion between left and right parts of this window...
Thank you guys in advance for those who could point me the way for changing that, if that possibility exists! Otherwise, just let me know!
Have nice days for you all and thank you!
rowdog
Engineer
Engineer

Re: GUI In-game Windows Sizes

Post by rowdog »

I don't know anything about the unofficial Android port but when it comes to the base game, yeah, sure, you can resize the windows. Normally, you can drag the bottom right corner of the window to resize it. There are limits as to how small you can make the windows so I'm not sure what that means for a tiny screen but that's how you resize windows. To make the current window size the default, you can control click the upper right corner but, again, I have no idea how you would accomplish that on Android since I don't even own a cell phone, let alone a tablet.

I suppose the proper answer here is that you should ask the person who ported Openttd to Android for you.
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Decrease button size in game options, this will make all windows smaller. You can also enable window title bars to have a close button on each window.

Android interface is optimized for fat fingers, but if you are playing on a tablet, you can scale it back as much as the PC version.
!RËX
Engineer
Engineer

Post by !RËX »

Thank you guys, I'm using it on a tablet, grabbed from Google Play Store.
I'd tried your suggestions, but none could make some windows (the ones mentioned) to change to an acceptable size, even some have right and left parts that cannot be redrawn... Anyway, thank you for your attention!
pelya
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by pelya »

Could you please post a screenshot? You can capture a screenshot by holding Power+Volume buttons.

Return to “General OpenTTD”