New Zealand train GRF set?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

jimbob
Engineer
Engineer

New Zealand train GRF set?

Post by jimbob »

I've been enjoying playing rolling lines which is a charming little game about a model railway set in New Zealand. The amount of single track line there is insane so I ended up going back to OTTD to see how feasible is it to play with single track lines. I love Featherblade's NZ map viewtopic.php?f=60&t=62696&e=0 it's just the perfect size and the mountains are a great challenge.

Can anypoint point me in the direction of any GRF pack which includes NZ locos? I've tried searching bannanas, google, and the forum search without much luck, only found a single shunter.
Real life transport planner
My projects:Link to my UK Scenario|Scenario Builder GS
Do check out my 3D unity transport game: transporter
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: New Zealand train GRF set?

Post by acs121 »

AFAIK you could only have the few NZR locomotives from 2cc TrainsInNML through some parameters. If that isn't suitable for you, try AuzTrains... it's almost the same kind of trains.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Not much out there on the NZ trains , there is a couple of trains in the 2cc set .viewtopic.php?t=71168 .
jimbob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimbob »

Thanks all,

took at look and the sets, I do like the region parameter on 2cc but they both have a mad number of wagons. Might have to take a foray into working out what the hell NML is and how do I go about extracting a subset of vehicles. Reading up on some of the locos and there looks to be a lot of refurbished british and australian stock, should be quite possible to pull together a number of GPL sets. My next project after Christmas maybe...
Real life transport planner
My projects:Link to my UK Scenario|Scenario Builder GS
Do check out my 3D unity transport game: transporter

Return to “General OpenTTD”