Question regarding Scenario Creation

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

BILLYBATHGATE
Engineer
Engineer

Question regarding Scenario Creation

Post by BILLYBATHGATE »

Hi there everyone .

Just a simple question reagrding Scenario creation . So I am using a custom preset of the Newgraph setting and i then go to create a Scenario map . once I start to create the map / scenario , am i now stuck with that setting ar to put my question in another way , how can i create a map and then use it for any new or future Newgraph setting i cistomize / create . Thanks for any replys in advance as i cant start to buld a map / scenario until i find this out .
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Question regarding Scenario Creation

Post by Eddi »

in the scenario editor, you can export a heightmap, which you can use to start a new scenario with the new settings. this will, however, only contain the shape of the landscape, not any towns, industries or other infrastructure.
BILLYBATHGATE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BILLYBATHGATE »

Thanks so much for the info , got ya ...
jimbob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jimbob »

There is a scenario developer setting in the console which allowed you to change grfs in game. It used to be easier to turn on but people ignored the big red warning (possibly because it looked too like the save warning) about how it can break the game.

I've found it safe adding and removing grfs as long as the map doesn't have any of those vehicles or industries but even that's no guarantee.
Real life transport planner
My projects:Link to my UK Scenario|Scenario Builder GS
Do check out my 3D unity transport game: transporter

Return to “General OpenTTD”