Double-way feeder service

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Double-way feeder service

Post by acs121 »

MagicBuzz wrote:IMHO there are 3 problems with passengers :

- 1st, as everyone can tell, the world population is lower than waiting passengers. I think the problem is not with the passengers waiting, but with the city population. IRL you'll never see any transportation in any city with less than 1000 inhabitants. At maximum you'll see a school bus. In OTTD you can build an international airport in a such village and you won't be able to transport all the passengers.
=> Solution couyld simply reside in multiplying the inhabitants could shown in the city by 10 or 20. On OTTD it's almost impossible to have a city lager that 200 000 inhabitants, while IRL that's the limit to get some "real" transportation system (bus + metro + tram + airport + train).
That's where you're wrong :

- If you do live in France, you should know most towns of 500 inhabitants or more are served by at least one bus service - there are exceptions, of course, but it's the exception that confirms the rule. Some other towns are even served by a train service.
- While OpenTTD cities have no real size limit, growing gets slower only after 500k or 750k inhabitants. There are players who managed to make 1 million inhabitants towns, but honestly it's really hard to do. This being said, in OpenTTD cities are quite often very large but not quite populated.
ccomley
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Double-way feeder service

Post by ccomley »

LiborTheOne wrote:Now I am facing another problem.

I have 4 000 passengers waiting at train station to be distributed to city with just 9 000 population. :D
(And I am refusing to have 100 buses in one city. :D )

It is crazy, what number, almost half the population of big city, of people do not have anything better to do, than wait at the station. :lol:

Yes, MagicBuzz.
One of my stations does not accept passengers but they use it to transfer elsewhere.
This was my problem with CargoDist on for passengers. Thousands of people at the station, lots of trains, but half (?) of the waiting people were waiting for the bus! As you say, running masses of buses doesn't solve this, having a more realistic model does.

Return to “General OpenTTD”