please help

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

gitipi
Engineer
Engineer

please help

Post by gitipi »

help me how to send my transport to another player's stop?
as on the main screen
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: please help

Post by Redirect Left »

You cannot do this during normal play on the versioin provided from openttd.org

You can however use a patch called infrastructure sharing, which allows you to build from and use rival companies infrastructure.
If you don't know where to start, it may be helpful to try out JGRs Patchpack which has lots of additional features over the stock version, including the patch you are looking for.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
gitipi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gitipi »

Redirect Left wrote:You cannot do this during normal play on the versioin provided from openttd.org

You can however use a patch called infrastructure sharing, which allows you to build from and use rival companies infrastructure.
If you don't know where to start, it may be helpful to try out JGRs Patchpack which has lots of additional features over the stock version, including the patch you are looking for.

if I can not do it like this, how did the developers on the main screen?
vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vrn »

What you see on the current title screen of OpenTTD is actually just one company :) . In the company window, you can set different colour schemes for every type of vehicle.
Attachments
AItest, 6th May 1974c.png
AItest, 6th May 1974c.png (73.33 KiB) Viewed 195 times
gitipi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gitipi »

vrn wrote:What you see on the current title screen of OpenTTD is actually just one company :) . In the company window, you can set different colour schemes for every type of vehicle.

for what they do it?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

This is actually a feature i didn't know about! but here is how you do it;
Go to the company information (the picture of a man), click on color scheme at the bottom, then click on the image of the units you want to change the color of.
Using this, you can change the color of the engine and coaches for each type, this is how they achieved it

as to why they did it / do it. i don't know, probably aesthetics or a quick way to figure out what engine is running on what bit of track.

If you are using GRFs / different train sets to the original, these settings may not work.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
gitipi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by gitipi »

Redirect Left wrote:This is actually a feature i didn't know about! but here is how you do it;
Go to the company information (the picture of a man), click on color scheme at the bottom, then click on the image of the units you want to change the color of.
Using this, you can change the color of the engine and coaches for each type, this is how they achieved it

as to why they did it / do it. i don't know, probably aesthetics or a quick way to figure out what engine is running on what bit of track.

If you are using GRFs / different train sets to the original, these settings may not work.

OK thanks
jschlatt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jschlatt »

Redirect Left wrote:You cannot do this during normal play on the versioin provided from openttd.org

Sweeet. I was talking with some buds about that a few days ago. Had no idea that JGR had it. Thanks!
YouTube guy. Tycoon game enthusiast.

Return to “General OpenTTD”