Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:32 am 
Engineer
Engineer

I have a question.

Yesterday I installed 2cc train content because I wanted a vt11 on my tacks but the problem I have, is that there are soooooo many trains it took me like 3 minutes to find it..... and than I had to find the correct wagons....I've been unsuccesful so far. I haven't looked yet but can you turn off/on trains in the settings or are there other ways to remove certain trains? I am not ever going to use all of them and there are soo many that I cannot find what I'm looking for.

I have btw no experience with messing around in the game files so I don't know where to look for what.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:01 am 
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

If You downloaded 2cc Trains in NML, there are parameters to off trains by region they are from. As example, you can off all the regions exept North America, so you will see only North American trains. Or You can simply hide some trains in purchase menu by clicking on them with "Ctrl" button pressed.

NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Over-sized Train Set | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set

I use GPLv2+ license.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:41 am 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Tony Pixel wrote:
If You downloaded 2cc Trains in NML, there are parameters to off trains by region they are from. As example, you can off all the regions exept North America, so you will see only North American trains. Or You can simply hide some trains in purchase menu by clicking on them with "Ctrl" button pressed.

And there's also a button "Show hidden engines" if you want to see them while you didn't disable anything.

My screenshots

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:28 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

ehm I have another question.

I have a vt11.5 now. I learned that the only wagons I can use are the multiple unit wagons. But they have 0 capacity. They can't carry a single passenger. I am using open TTD version 1.5.2.

How can I fix that??

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:49 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

bask185 wrote:
ehm I have another question.

I have a vt11.5 now. I learned that the only wagons I can use are the multiple unit wagons. But they have 0 capacity. They can't carry a single passenger. I am using open TTD version 1.5.2.

How can I fix that??

The wagons refit automatically when they are attached to a MU. The 0 capacity is only when it isn't coupled with an MU.
Also, use 1.8.0, 1.5.2 is outdated, you know that ?

My screenshots

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:08 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

I am not getting it. I purchase a vt11.5 (a DMU) than I buy the multiple unit wagons. I tried both and powered and unpowered. I modified the cargo type to passengers but I am still having 0 capacity

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:58 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

That shouldn't be happening, unfortunately I made a mistake during conversion, resulting in a 0 capacity for several vehicles. I'll try to fix it this weekend, but it might be a bit later.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:56 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

Transportman wrote:
That shouldn't be happening, unfortunately I made a mistake during conversion, resulting in a 0 capacity for several vehicles. I'll try to fix it this weekend, but it might be a bit later.

Try this version, that should fix the issue. I will try to create a release next weekend, there seems to be an issue with passenger coach availability, resulting in a period without available coaches between the first and second generation.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:23 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Transportman wrote:
Transportman wrote:

Try this version, that should fix the issue. I will try to create a release next weekend, there seems to be an issue with passenger coach availability, resulting in a period without available coaches between the first and second generation.

Well thank you A LOT. I am unsure how to use it though. I put the .grf in the /baseset/opengfx set but I have really no clue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:07 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

You should put it in the newgrf-folder instead of the baseset-folder.