NEWGRF compatible with FIRS

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Starrex97
Engineer
Engineer

NEWGRF compatible with FIRS

Post by Starrex97 »

HI :)

Ive just started with Openttd and I got interested in "Firs Industry Replacement" but I noticed it dont work on the game vehicles so im after packs that work with it. (buses, trucks, trains, airplanes, boats etc etc)

Im also interested in other GRF's that works with "FIRS"

Thanks in advance
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: NEWGRF compatible with FIRS

Post by acs121 »

So, there are a few sets that work :

- DB Set XL. An outstanding set that you can find here. It ONLY works in the temperate climate, needs an extension to work with FIRS, etc, but at least you can have electrified railways since the first vehicle (1920).
- 2cc TrainsInNML. A very, very extensive set, about 4 times more than the DB Set XL. It contains a huge damn real high amount of trains, works in all climates and starts in 1835.
- Bob's British Buses / Bob's British Random Vehicles. Good road vehicle sets that outstands most other ones.
- Polroad / Poltram. You should use both at the same time, as Polroad includes a lot of trucks and Poltram also includes freight tramways.
- Squid Ate FISH / redFISH. They have a lot of vehicles in common, but both are good, and one of them (i don't remember which) includes a freight hovercraft.

I'd reccomend you the combination DBXL / Polroad + Poltram / Squid Ate FISH. Start in 1920, so you will have most of the interesting vehicles.
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

If you want to play with the standard vehicle set, you can just use the "Old Wagons new Cargos" GRF.
It simply makes compatible all standard vehicles with new cargos from FIRS (keep on mind you must "refit" them though).
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

MagicBuzz wrote:If you want to play with the standard vehicle set, you can just use the "Old Wagons new Cargos" GRF.
It simply makes compatible all standard vehicles with new cargos from FIRS (keep on mind you must "refit" them though).
Hey, it's completely outdated, ça ne sert plus à rien, if you want refittable default vehicles use OpenGFX+ Trains...
Starrex97
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Starrex97 »

Thanks for the feedback, uhm, how do i know the vehicle is a GRF extension, and how do i know if they take what cargo, is it like the sorting system thats already in the game?
SilverSurferZzZ
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SilverSurferZzZ »

A small list of NewGRFs, based only on their high quality and improvements for OTTD: And if you like 32bpp sets: Only one thing, every 32bpp set is really heavy in size and need more memory on your computer to work with them; The bad part of 32bpp :(
And if you don't know what is the 32bpp -> It's the amount of colors, nothing more.

And now, the most importantly, Discover your own style of play. What's more, you claim to be a newcomer player.... I would recommend using, for a while, OGFX+ Industries, for the simple reason that FIRS is complex for a new user; And then, yes, get the basics and then move on to more difficult sets.

In any case, you have the last word.... Just enjoy with OTTD.
NewGRFs__
City names/Landscape: Naruto | Planets | Lovers | Halloween | Kaijus
Vehicles: Famous Cars | Super Cars | Racing Cars | Cars Cars | Improved M Cars

SilverSurferZzZ has left the building!
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Starrex97 wrote:Thanks for the feedback, uhm, how do i know the vehicle is a GRF extension, and how do i know if they take what cargo, is it like the sorting system thats already in the game?
Well on the website i linked to you for DB Set XL, there are two files to download : the DB Set XL itself, and the DB Set XL FIRS extension.
Polroad and Poltram both can be downloaded in Online Content, as well as Squid Ate FISH or redFISH.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Starrex97 wrote:Ive just started with Openttd and I got interested in "Firs Industry Replacement" but I noticed it dont work on the game vehicles so im after packs that work with it. (buses, trucks, trains, airplanes, boats etc etc)
Indeed, the default vehicle set has very limited use beyond the default game. OpenGFX+trains which was already suggested solves that nicely.

I see you already got a few other recommendations as well, if you want something from the same author as FIRS, try Iron Horse (trains), and/or Road Hog (trucks). Fish and Fish2 (Squid) are also from his hand.
There is also Unsinkable Sam, not sure if it's already published though.

If you're more the type for "I want simple trains, so I can build complicated train network", you could try Nuts.
Starrex97 wrote:Im also interested in other GRF's that works with "FIRS"
You should avoid other industry GRFs, but otherwise, mostly all not-totally-ancient GRfs work.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.

Return to “General OpenTTD”