How to reset sprite aligner?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

How to reset sprite aligner?

Post by SimYouLater »

How do I reset the sprite aligner? I've got sprites off-center even though I reverted Quicksilver's sprite templates.

I know it's the sprite aligner because it's fine on the Flatland server PC but off-center on my laptop when I join.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: How to reset sprite aligner?

Post by PikkaBird »

SimYouLater wrote:I know it's the sprite aligner
Changes made in the sprite aligner aren't stored anywhere and will not persist through loading a game (including joining a server).

If the sprites look different on different PCs, either you've realigned the sprites on one of them this session, or they're running different versions of the GRF.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: How to reset sprite aligner?

Post by SimYouLater »

PikkaBird wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:I know it's the sprite aligner
Changes made in the sprite aligner aren't stored anywhere and will not persist through loading a game (including joining a server).

If the sprites look different on different PCs, either you've realigned the sprites on one of them this session, or they're running different versions of the GRF.
Double-checked with a new game on my desktop and a new game on my laptop. The alignment of the sprites for quicksilver is fine on my desktop but screwed up on my laptop.

I also tried replacing the file in the laptop itself. I am really confused.

EDIT: Problem fixed! Not sure why, but I had to remove a past version of the NewGRF from content_download folder.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

Return to “General OpenTTD”