Flatland: A server for good-looking stuff?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Flatland: A server for good-looking stuff?

Post by SimYouLater »

Do you enjoy screenshots, nice-looking rail networks, realism in construction, or all of the above?

Flatland: Screenshot-Worthy Co-op
PM me if you want the password (server or my company), maximum of 4 companies but plenty of room (255) for people to join existing companies. Server password has been removed!

Currently up 24-7 on the server list. (Taken offline due to reasons, will be starting it again tonight!) "Flatland" is very much a descriptive name, any landscaping of mountains and other cool terrain features is allowed and encouraged.

NewGRFs
A list of NewGRFs that can't be downloaded from BaNaNaS...

Airship High Mooring Mast
AuzStations 1, 2, 3
AuzStations 4, Freight, Waypoints
AuzInd 5
AuzTownObjects
AuzTracks
Brick Freight Stations
Canadian Stations Set
Cargolifter (Scroll Down)
Early Rail
eGRVTS2 r202
ISR Depots
Mars Ships (Inside misc.zip)
MLSS
Newships and Newstations
NH Foundations (Will not be required after restart!)
OpenGFX+ Airports
Rangeless AV8
Recycled Infrastructure Set (Now available on BaNanaS!)
Wallyweb's Sea Lanes, Channels and Buoys
Shinkansen Stations
Vactrain Set
WSF Ferry Set
USSR Ships (Original Post)
Last edited by SimYouLater on 27 Jun 2018 18:45, edited 25 times in total.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
evejpb
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Flatland: A server for good-looking stuff?

Post by evejpb »

bonjour, pourriez vous me dire comment télécharger des versions antérieur a 1.8
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

evejpb wrote:bonjour, pourriez vous me dire comment télécharger des versions antérieur a 1.8
Bonjour, je vais vous répondre exceptionellement mais ici n'est pas le bon sujet de discusssion, et évitez le français sur le forum, il faut parler anglais ici.
Si vous voulez les versions précédentes, c'est ici : http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/games/ope ... index.html
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

I know the hatred for Anglia, but please keep it Britain-y. :wink:
SimYouLater wrote:Flatland
Is it actually flat ? Wouldn't feel too realistic I thought :mrgreen:
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

YNM wrote:I know the hatred for Anglia, but please keep it Britain-y. :wink:
Told him he had to speak english here, don't worry. ;)
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

acs121 wrote:
YNM wrote:I know the hatred for Anglia, but please keep it Britain-y. :wink:
Told him he had to speak english here, don't worry. ;)
It's flat, but the idea is to build any mountains or other terrain features you might want (once you have tons of money).
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

My style is to start with mountains and slowly flatten whatever gets in the way of level routes as I get the money.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Baldy's Boss wrote:My style is to start with mountains and slowly flatten whatever gets in the way of level routes as I get the money.
Then you're a "hyperefficency" player, which is okay, but I'm looking for people who want to treat the map like a train set instead of a Factorio base or a bowl of spaghetti.
Licenses for my work...
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

SimYouLater wrote:
Baldy's Boss wrote:My style is to start with mountains and slowly flatten whatever gets in the way of level routes as I get the money.
Then you're a "hyperefficency" player, which is okay, but I'm looking for people who want to treat the map like a train set instead of a Factorio base or a bowl of spaghetti.
What, train sets have landscaping ? :lol:

But yeah, I love terrain. They force to get better of them. Apart from lack of diagonal bridges...

I don't flatten my maps over time. They tend do, alright, but only because it's a PITA to have a tall retaining wall.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Server password has been removed!
Feel free to join at your leisure.
Licenses for my work...
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Is it me or the server has been removed ?
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

acs121 wrote:Is it me or the server has been removed ?
The server has been taken offline because I got bored of waiting for new players. I'll put it up again right away.

EDIT: Server is up! Shut down the server because I screwed up and corrupted the game.
Licenses for my work...
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

Are you going to reset the server, by any chance?
Jetrain
YATTC
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

trainman1432 wrote:Are you going to reset the server, by any chance?
Maybe. I'm not feeling great right now.
Licenses for my work...

Return to “General OpenTTD”