My goodbyes to this disgusting community

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

My goodbyes to this disgusting community

Post by KeldorKatarn »

I've had it now finally.

I've been watching this for almost a decade now and I've had it.

Players come to the development section or even the damn suggestions section and ask for features and get told by some holier-than-though ass wannabe-dev that unless they learn coding themselves they can go screw themselves with their requests.

When an actual dev DOES put in the work either some ass comes along and tells them "oh yeah this is fine but you didn't put in what I like the most so it's all crap" OR some wannabe from the main devs comes along and tells a person that actually LISTENED in the first case and DID try to learn some C++, DOES put in weeks of work only to get told to f*** off because there's still bugs and the code style isn't perfect so his patch will end up never being used.

And in whatever other discussion about graphics or packs or whatever someone gives feedback to a creators on something, totally unrealted other guys suddenly come crawling from below some stone or woodwork and start attacking the poster for whatever reason and tell him why his feedback or opinion is s***.

It's really no wonder that over the years a ton of creative people have given this community the middle finger and said "f*** you guy I'm going home".
It's absolutely like 99.9% of the other internet forums out there: Full of absolute assholes.

So from me also a heartfelt: SCREW YOU
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: My goodbyes to this disgusting community

Post by Redirect Left »

Whilst I agree, the general direction of development for at least the trunk version is being poorly handled. If you just use patch packs you can find a decent balance of stuff worth having, and its usually not too hard to do a code merge to add other stuff. - having gone through your past few posts, you do tend to handle the situations poorly and escalate the problem to where people are fairly inconsiderate regardless of their intentions of doing X or Y.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

1: people not getting merged into trunk isn't a problem really: of people want those features you can have them from patch packs like JGR or Cirdan.
2: your general opinion on NewGRFs, their implementation and their development is unhelpful.
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Lets see .. unproductive: check. flaming: check. swearing a lot: check.

I can clearly see something rubbed you the wrong way. No clue what, but that happens (on the internet). Keeping your temper in control is part of being on the internet. A very good tip I once got: write your reply, and delete it. Posting stuff like this never helped anyone.

In general: if you are up for a constructive discussion, feel free to drop by. Otherwise, you are not contributing.

Locking this topic.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Return to “General OpenTTD”