Opinion about this network I made

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

andrexavier
Engineer
Engineer

Opinion about this network I made

Post by andrexavier »

Hellows peeps!

I've been working in this game for quite a while and Im still far from covering all the land with tracks and stations but there is a small network already and I would like to know what you, the experts, think about it. Comments will be very welcome!

So that you know, I try to focus on speed in this game. It's far from good but I'm on my way. I use a funny version of a one-way in and out ro ro station that I devised based on some design I've seen around.

By the way, there is another thing I would love to hear some thoughts too:

At the west side of the map I devised a small circular circuit trying to create a set of tracks that would "prevent" the halt a broken train would cause. I know this possibly is the oldest subject ever but after a lot of searching in this forum I didnt found anything much conclusive, just some opinions, then I decided to ask exactly about that: opinions. The more, the better. :D

The save game is for the 1.8 vanilla version.

In case you're curious, Im from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, hence the portuguese names. The company name is a joke meaning the fast kitty.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
O Gatim Veloz II, 20 Set 2067.sav
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 92 times
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Opinion about this network I made

Post by CMircea »

Hello!

Could you post a whole map screenshot? That would be easier to follow than loading the game :wink:
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Opinion about this network I made

Post by Alberth »

@CMircea: You can't see how well the trains flow from a screen shot :)

A trivial improvement would be to add double depots at a line, like
Screenshot_20180427_105716.png
Screenshot_20180427_105716.png (185.94 KiB) Viewed 2296 times
That way, a second train can enter a depot while the first one is leaving.

As for further inspiration, you may want to read http://www.openttdcoop.org/ in particular the wiki with advanced build tricks. The group also builds cooperatively which results in games with what looks like organized spaghetti chaos networks, amazing designs.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.

Return to “General OpenTTD”