Menus and text size

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

xendistar
Engineer
Engineer

Menus and text size

Post by xendistar »

Is there a mod (for the Linux version 1.8.0) that will increase the menu and text size. I am running on a 24" screen at 1920 x 1080 and at the normal setting I can barely read the text particuarly the text in the train and vehicle menus. I know there is a setting in the settings that will take the menu resolution from normal to double but at double the the setting menu disappears off the screen and I can not reach the X in the top right to close the window. Is there an option or config file I can tweak to increase the font and window sizes?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Re: Menus and text size

Post by PikkaBird »

You can set the font and font size to use in the config file - see here.
xendistar
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xendistar »

Thanks for that, when I looked in my openttd.cfg file I had no fonts or fonts sizes listed (is that a bug?). As I can download the Microsoft True Type Fonts on my version of Linux I downloaded them and then adjusted my config file to the suggestion for the window game on the Wiki page you pointed me at. At least now I can read the menus, I may tweak them in the future but it is certainly better than it was.

Thanks for the help
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

It is not a bug, by default it uses the sprite font built into the base set.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.

Return to “General OpenTTD”