Screen Issuises on newest Version

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

FrieseHL
Engineer
Engineer

Screen Issuises on newest Version

Post by FrieseHL »

Hello Folks,

many thanks for keeping my childhood favourite alive and modern. It was a pleasure for over 20 years with this game. I played this on an Imac and had issiues on the newest version. I tried to change the screen resolution or to switch of/on fullscreen. Any idea to make this more "glasses user" friendly? It is very hard to read for me like this. I can zoom in, but the menu stays small like hell.

Best wishes

Eike
Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-04 um 10.30.17.png
(3.85 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Michi_cc
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Screen Issuises on newest Version

Post by Michi_cc »

The game options (where you change resolution etc) should have both a font zoom and an UI zoom. Try setting them to a higher value.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

The new version will typically auto-detect the zoom levels if you have a Retina display, but if you have already played an earlier version, it doesn’t (I think) override this. Try altering the zoom levels in the Game Options - the auto detect option might work for you, but if not you can select a different option.
FrieseHL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FrieseHL »

Hello guys,

many thanks for your quick replies. It worked on manual settings. It was set on auto detect, but this didn't work out in this iMac retina. Works now :)

Best wishes and happy easter!

Return to “General OpenTTD”