FIRS without Vanilla industries

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

amanda121287
Engineer
Engineer

FIRS without Vanilla industries

Post by amanda121287 »

Hey guys, just got back into the game a few days back and wanted to try the FIRS for the first time, and I have one question. Is there any way to disable the Vanilla OpenTTD industries from the game when using FIRS? It gets really confusing if there are Vanilla Coal Mines that don't accept Engineering supplies and FIRS Coal Mines that do.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: FIRS without Vanilla industries

Post by Alberth »

By default firs disables vanilla industries, what grfs have you loaded besides firs?
(in particular industry grfs, as that seems to be the only explanation to get vanilla industries)

Do note that firs does use graphics of standard industries here and there, that may also be a source of confusion.
Can you provide more details like grf list or a save game?
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

I think she may have Manual Industries or OpenGFX+ Industries. That's the only solution to me.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

FIRS recognizes the normal industry newgrfs, and disables itself then, see http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/fir ... le_grfs.py
That list includes opengfx+ industries and manual industries, so it must be a different newgrf.
Likely Andy is interested in knowing how this happens.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

acs121 wrote:I think she may have Manual Industries or OpenGFX+ Industries. That's the only solution to me.
You shouldn't load more then one industry (set) at a time, it causes weird issues. Only have ECS Vectors (which comes as a set of GRFs), FIRS, or what ever else is out there loaded ONE at a time, not all of them.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

No, i meant by that that she may have in her active NewGRFs Manual Industries II or OpenGFX+ Industries.

Return to “General OpenTTD”