Modest Industry NewGRFs?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Modest Industry NewGRFs?

Post by Baldy's Boss »

The most popular industry NewGRFs appear to be ones that completely replace the default set.

Are there any that simply add on to the default options (more than cosmetically) that anyone would care to recommend?
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Modest Industry NewGRFs?

Post by acs121 »

Manual Industries wouldn't really count, though it can be considered as add-on since it only modifies production values etc.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Michael Blunk's NewCargo was one of the original NewGRF cargo sets. Many of his ideas were eventually copied into ECS Vectors. It adds Breweries and Beer, Fishing Harbors and Fish as new cargoes.

The rather vague New Industries by Born Acorn adds a water desalinization plant for Tropical, an oil-fired power plant in all climates, and a new style of factory in all climates.

With any of the ECS Vectors, you can add each component individually
Pikka's Basic Industries (PBI / UKRS Industries) offers some new industries but largely modifies existing industries slightly to include stockpiling.

Eels modifies the oil rigs to produce eels as a cargo, accepted by factories for food production.

WIRES adds electricity as a new cargo type, delivered from power plants to power substations.

Simple Uranium Mines (SUM) adds uranium as a new cargo type, delivered to modified power plants that accept coal and uranium.

Similarly, Secret Rubidium Cargo adds Rubidium mines as a new cargo, delivered to the Oblivion Hole. It's exotic, expensive and extremely hard.

ECSExt and FIXES adds a couple of new industries suitable for pre-1900 games, and has some new in-town industries to accept cargoes. They're mainly meant to augment ECS Vectors and FIRS, respectively, but work perfectly well on their own.

Manpower OpenGFX+ Industries is a step up from OpenGFX default industries by introducing passengers as a requirement for industry production, on top of the improvements that OpenGFX+ Industries made to default industries.

Preindustrial-era Houses introduces houses that can accept coal as a cargo as well as an earlier power plant.

Housing As Industries / Apartment Industries adds apartment buildings which produces passenger and mail.

Tourist Industry Set adds tourists as a cargo, accepted at hotels and tourist attractions.

Ammler's Lumber Mill adds the default TTD tropical lumber mill to arctic and temperate, which will actually clear cut surrounding trees and process them as wood. Likewise, McZapkie's Logging Camp does the same, but it adds passengers as a cargo to the industry.

Oil-fired Power Station
Oil Rig for Snowland and Desert
New Cargoes - Petrol and Tourists
All of the above does what it says on the box.

And that's all i can think of, off the top of my head. 8)
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Are all of these available by Online Content?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Most of them are, the rest you can find here in the forums using the search function.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

PBI doesn't seem to be in Online Content.

OGFX+ seems more a replacement than an addition set?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Baldy's Boss wrote:PBI doesn't seem to be in Online Content.

It still uses the vanilla industries but you can configure what industries spawn. By default OPENGFX Industries only spawns the climate appropriate industries, but you can force it to spawn industries from other climates (which is what I usually do so I can have copper mines in Tempurate and Sub-Arctic amongst other things)
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

NekoMaster wrote:

It still uses the vanilla industries but you can configure what industries spawn. By default OPENGFX Industries only spawns the climate appropriate industries, but you can force it to spawn industries from other climates (which is what I usually do so I can have copper mines in Tempurate and Sub-Arctic amongst other things)
Where does one configure it?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Baldy's Boss wrote:
NekoMaster wrote:

Where does one configure it?
In the NewGRF's settings by setting its parameters accordingly:
newgrf_settings.png
newgrf_settings.png (504.36 KiB) Viewed 311 times

Return to “General OpenTTD”