Nuclear waste GRF?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Nuclear waste GRF?

Post by FulliAutomatix »

I'm just wondering if anyone knows of a GRF that uses some form of nuclear waste cargo type? Making some DRS 37s for my own GRF and I was thinking if it is possible to make the DRS nuclear flask trains.
If there aren't any, then are there any GRFs that at least have some sort of nuclear power oriented cargos?

Many thanks
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: Nuclear waste GRF?

Post by piratescooby »

Martian Industries has a Fusion Reactor .
Attachments
industry-map.png
industry-map.png (825.57 KiB) Viewed 2848 times
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

YETI has uranium cargo. It may not be what you're looking for it, but at least it has the cargo you're looking for.
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

There was one ancient unfinished set that reskinned regular power plants as nuclear plants and coal mines as uranium mines. Never played with it or seen it again, but there was a screenshot of the mine producing 1 tonne of uranium per month which I found hilarious.

Nuclear plants irl only need refueling every other year and they consume very little fuel, so they're not very well-suited for a transport game like TTD.

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

Yair, I considered uranium chain for FIRS a few times, but have no plan to add it currently :)

Something like
* uranium mine -> Uranium Fuel -> power plant
* power plant -> Nuclear Waste -> waste facility

I wouldn't do a more detailed chain, it's not that interesting :)

Both cargos would go in the flask wagons.

Cargo units would need care:
* there could be a 'flasks' unit, but there would be 1 per vehicle, this is a headache for vehicle set authors
* better if the cargo units would stay as 'Tonnes' for compatibility with vehicle sets
* but realistic production would be very low, just a few tonnes a month, so better to make it unrealistic for game balance (the usual hundreds of tonnes per month); assume it includes the weight of the flasks etc

I'm not doing it, but it's an easy grf to make.
The powerplant graphics exist already, and there are lots of mines in FIRS to adapt: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/firs/pus ... tries.html
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

It's not that much of a pain for vehicle grf creators (i.e were going to look into it). I feel like it could have the very low production, if the payment is very, very high. I might try do the industry myself.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Hiding over on Bananas is a file called "SUM" - Simple Uranium Mines. All it does is provide a very expensive, and rapidly decaying uranium cargo that you haul from a mine to a nuclear power plant.

http://binaries.openttd.org/bananas/newgrf/SUM-2.tar.gz
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

Gwyd wrote:It's not that much of a pain for vehicle grf creators (i.e were going to look into it). I feel like it could have the very low production, if the payment is very, very high. I might try do the industry myself.
I was thinking of adding it ourselves to RUKTS, but I didn't know how hard it would be
kamnet wrote:Hiding over on Bananas is a file called "SUM" - Simple Uranium Mines. All it does is provide a very expensive, and rapidly decaying uranium cargo that you haul from a mine to a nuclear power plant.
Thanks, do you know the cargo type name? The four letter one I mean to use in NML
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

FulliAutomatix wrote:Thanks, do you know the cargo type name? The four letter one I mean to use in NML
Not a clue. There's no published source code, author information, or anything. You can run it through grfcodec to decompile it and scrape that info.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

FulliAutomatix wrote:Thanks, do you know the cargo type name? The four letter one I mean to use in NML
V's YETI uses URAN.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Yep a great idea , this I one I would like to see included in a industry chain .We can have some interesting rail wagons to go with the industry .
Attachments
toxic.jpg
(259.99 KiB) Not downloaded yet
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

To be honest, they are pretty strong and are kept maintained as so...

Network Rail would be pretty pissed otherwise !
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
FulliAutomatix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FulliAutomatix »

PikkaBird wrote:
V's YETI uses URAN.
Thank you :D

Return to “General OpenTTD”