Turning off automatic creation of new industries

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

davidjames17
Engineer
Engineer

Turning off automatic creation of new industries

Post by davidjames17 »

I was wondering if there was a way to turn automatic new industries creation off, like when u r playing and u want to have only industries which were cerated at the begining of gameplay. I was searching it in advanced options of industries and I cant find it.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Turning off automatic creation of new industries

Post by Alberth »

In a running game, industry density is likely a variable you can change in the in-game console. That should likely give you the new behaviour, although I never tried if that actually works as intended.

When you generate a new game, you can set the number of industries. That includes options like "none" or "fund only".
I am not sure what each setting does exactly, in particular how useful it is in generating a new game.

If just generating a new game doesn't give you something playable, you may need to change the setting, then instead of generating a game, switch to the scenario editor, and make a scenario (with industries as you like them), then play that scenario.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

davidjames17 wrote:I was wondering if there was a way to turn automatic new industries creation off, like when u r playing and u want to have only industries which were cerated at the begining of gameplay.
Yes, there is industry density parameter, you can set it to "funding only".
If you are asking about randomly generated game, than the tricky thing is, that you need to change this parameter after creation of the game, otherwise you will get no industries upon generation. This action can be performed automatically using game script.
There are already at least two scripts which are controlling density of industries and prevent creation of new industries if large number of existing industries is not served, for example viewtopic.php?f=65&t=77335

Another method is to switch off option "allow multiple industries per town" and set low number of towns - no new industries would appear, if any town have such industry build already.
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

You can simply use OpenGFX+ Industries. There are parameters for opening, closure, etc of industries.

Return to “General OpenTTD”