Too much updates

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Jony1(Yosselko)
Engineer
Engineer

Too much updates

Post by Jony1(Yosselko) »

Hello people,
there are too much updates everytime i play open ttd there is an update.
The game is already fine.I love ithave a nice day everyone.
Jony1(Yosselko)
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Too much updates

I mistaken on the forum.Please move it.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

I assume you are having constant updates you are playing a nightly build rather than stable release, as the stable releases are very infrequent.

Also please can you mind the formatting of your posts, the horrendous colour changing is mind destroying.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

First, stop colouring messages. It's horrible.
Second, on openttd.org, there are nightlies and stable. Choose the stable version, not much people use nightlies anyway.
Jony1(Yosselko)
Engineer
Engineer

[quote="Leanden"]I assume you are having constant updates you are playing a nightly build rather than stable release, as the stable releases are very infrequent.

Also please can you mind the formatting of your posts, the horrendous colour changing is mind destroying.[/quote
But the problem is that online servers are not using stable releases.
Last edited by Jony1(Yosselko) on 23 Jan 2018 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Jony1(Yosselko) wrote: But the problem is that online servers are not using stable releases.
What? I'm finding plenty of servers for the latest full (not nightly) release.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Yeah im not sure where youve got that from.

The vast majority of servers use stable. Nightlies would be a nightmare to maintain a server against
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Most servers typically use stable versions like 1.6.1, 1.7.1, etc. Sometimes players might host a private server on a nightly build but everyone has to have the exact Nightly version.

Another thing is that some servers are hosted for Patch Packs like JGR Patch Pack. typically those are more often hosted by random people and not as a dedicated server on a seperate comptuer.

Lastly, if your talking about the thing you see when you open the game and it loads/checks stuff before the Main Menu appears, thats just the game checking where all your NewGRF mods are and what you have. If you have many NewGRF's that can take a moment or two depending on how good your computer is (I play on a Quad Core AMD CPU and it takes about 10-20 seconds to check all my newgrfs before the Main Menu appears)

NewGRF updates form the content downloader by the way are up to the NewGRF developers, they can update their GRFs as often as they need to if they want to add new features (and bugs :P) and fix/break things.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!

Return to “General OpenTTD”