One Industry, Two Stations

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

One Industry, Two Stations

Post by Kevo00 »

I'm sure this issue has been dealt with somewhere before, but I'm going to ask anyway. I'm trying to maximise the output of a secondary industry in FIRS. Station ratings of 67% is a barrier and this is reflected in the percentage transported.

My question is, does setting up two stations at the industry as in the attached screenshot help to increase throughput? Both are now running with ratings of 67%, but are they now sharing the first 67% or accessing some of the lost 33%? Certainly the trains and trams seem to load faster than if in one shared station, but are they actually doing this?

Similar dynamics presumably apply between the stations of different companies.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 14.48.59.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 14.48.59.png (527.69 KiB) Viewed 159 times
Chrill

Re: One Industry, Two Stations

Post by Chrill »

They should transport 100% of the output, or so they do for primary industries at least, but the easiest way to check that is by clicking the factory itself and checking whether it's output is transported or not.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

As far as I know, it doesn't.
http://wiki.openttd.org/Station_rating# ... o_stations
The easiest way to boost the station rating is to build a statue of the company owner in the town where the station belongs to. The change happens immediately, and is permanent.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Yes - industry rating is 77% with a statue, so presumably two stations indeed makes no effect. Just as well I am concentrating most of my coal, iron ore and scrap into this steel mill!

Return to “General OpenTTD”