Mac graphics

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

lws1984
President
President

Mac graphics

Post by lws1984 »

How do I make graphics for OpenTTd on a Mac? (I really want to make a new maglev model!)
worldofklaus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by worldofklaus »

I'm a mac user too and I also would like to do that.

but so far the only way that worked for me was downloading the grf wizard from divxland.org/ttd and alter the files on my old laptop.

perhaps you could just paint the graphics on your mac and then ask somebody here to encode it for you? -just an idea...
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

pasky ported the grf codec to unix, so it should be pretty easy to get it working on mac
I will look at it when I get time, but don't hold your breath
lws1984
President
President

Post by lws1984 »

How do you paint them? (I'm a newcomer to the TTD and OTTD world.)
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

lws1984 wrote:How do you paint them? (I'm a newcomer to the TTD and OTTD world.)
just use Graphic Converter. It will do the job ok, I think. However I have never made any graphics, so I don't know if it will make any problems
Villem
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Villem »

You draw them in either in MS-Paint, or Adobe Photoshop, or Paint Shop Pro or eny known image progman(note palette must match TTD's so ya don't get blinking trains or enything else quirky). :)
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Akalamanaia wrote:You draw them in either in MS-Paint, or Adobe Photoshop, or Paint Shop Pro or eny known image progman(note palette must match TTD's so ya don't get blinking trains or enything else quirky). :)
since this topic is about creating graphics on mac, I gave the name of an app for mac but none for windows :wink:
lws1984
President
President

Post by lws1984 »

But how do you arrange everything? I know what to use, but not how to draw them in the file!
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

lws1984 wrote:But how do you arrange everything? I know what to use, but not how to draw them in the file!
I don't know. Read the docs for the grfcodec.

Return to “General OpenTTD”