OpenTTD gone mobile!

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Kebabrov
Engineer
Engineer

Re: as for the nokia S60

Post by Kebabrov »

epsilon wrote:i'm afraid the processors shipped with S60 phones (or any nokia phones, actually) wouldn't be able to handle even a fraction of the load openttd generates. i guess it's possible to make some TTD clone written in java but i'd expect it to be:
1) poor looking
2) lacking functionality
3) real slow (and i _do_ mean slow)

some very limited one-player mode might be possible, though. maybe when my examination period is over i'll give it a shot :-)

i don't know a lot about GBA, but i suppose plain ottd would be far too much for it...
correct me if i'm wrong
why java? screw java, java sux. S60 stuff can be programmed with C :). the original TTD ran on a 486 fine with only 4MB of memory. The Ngage and 6600 have a 104Mhz ARM processor and 10MB of (free) RAM.

The only problem i can see is the lack of mouse... its would suck using that joystick :)

anyways, enough dreaming
dominik81
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by dominik81 »

Porting to a GBA is not possible due to a lack of enough memory. Porting to PSP might be possible. Who's providing the PSP system for me? :wink:
Maybe a Nintendo DS port will be possible, because (a modified) interface might work out good on those two screens. But it'll take years until development tools are available for Nintendo DS.
"There's a readme that comes with the source. I suggest you read it."
- Korenn
Tech^salvager
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tech^salvager »

What about porting it to the Dreamcast? It would be awesome to play it on a dreamcast with a keyboard and a mouse and being able to save it to the memory card.
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

I want it on my Nokia 3650 :lol: You can either use a native ARM application or a Java-game-thingy on that phone :wink:
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

A Dreamcast port would be good but if you aren't willing to do it yourself (or if you want some advice), put a post up on the DC Emu forums.
DjArcas
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DjArcas »

I really wouldn't like to play OTTD on a TV >_<
The largest multiplayer games in the world - ever.
http://www.projectorgames.net
josh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by josh »

:!:
blakeyez, I've posted an answer to your message at
"OpenTTD Development", topic "OpenTTD on the Sharp Zaurus"
because it's pretty technically oriented.
:!:
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

Railroad Tycoon on a TV seems ok - I am useless at that, sandbox mode is too hard for me. :lol:
Tech^salvager
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Tech^salvager »

Ok I posted a topic on a port of openttd on the dcemulation forms well here is the link for anyone who would I like to see the progress of it. http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=52359

Return to “General OpenTTD”