Windows and Linux (Nightly) Downloads

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Windows, Mac and Linux (Nightly) Downloads

Post by TrueBrain »

Roujin wrote:
TrueBrain wrote:[...] Just one day one file-type is not available, and people notice .. sigh .. ;) :p
Well, try to see it in a positive way - people are that much interested in OpenTTD.. :)
I never said it was a bad thing ;) Just that it makes my job much harder, as the slightest deviation of normal is detected ;)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
teccuk
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by teccuk »

I have just downloaded, installed and started playing the nightly build. Its the first new version i have downloaded since 2007.

It is fantastic. The town growth options are what i have waiting for since erm... 1995?

I would just like to say thank you, thank you, thank you to anyone involved in the project. Thank you for continuing to make my favourite game of all time, better and better and better, and thanks for all your hard work and using your expertise for this project.

:bow:
alicesophie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by alicesophie »

Call me a nag-hag, if you like, but: XP 32bit failed compiling, as Linux generic did last time? :mrgreen: Or did I miss an announcement, that XP 32bit will be covered by 95/98/ME from now on? ^^

(Now I really feel like someone who only can nag...)
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

There are two other threads about this already stating that the win32 compilation just failed and that a new one should be available tonight.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
kvtb
Engineer
Engineer

Post by kvtb »

when I download a new nightly, (debian), the package manager thinks the newly downloaded .deb has the same version as the already installed deb.
This is because the revision number is not included in the Version field of the debian package.

It would be nice if the revision number could somehow be included in the Version field. Thanks.
omgits3am
Engineer
Engineer

Post by omgits3am »

trukz is a text based simulator...sigh dont tease me like that :)~~~
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

What are you talking about? This topic is for discussing OpenTTD's nightly downloads.
id10terror
Engineer
Engineer

Post by id10terror »

Could anyone point me towards win32 binarys for cargodist, timetable seperation (and if there is one the merger of the 2)

If not thats ok, i'll just have to download vc2008 and do it the hard way............

-=EDIT=-

i'll admit these aren't nightly builds but i'd bet many users wish they were.
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

id10terror wrote:Could anyone point me towards win32 binarys for cargodist, timetable seperation (and if there is one the merger of the 2)

If not thats ok, i'll just have to download vc2008 and do it the hard way............

-=EDIT=-

i'll admit these aren't nightly builds but i'd bet many users wish they were.
As they are not developers patches/branches, they are not uploaded to our mirror system. Please ask in the thread of the patch where any possible binary might be. As you said already: this is not the place for that.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Re: Windows and Linux (Nightly) Downloads

Post by ostlandr »

Some nice new features in the latest build (running 20061 at the moment.) I really like the option to prevent towns from building level crossings- that does get annoying sometimes. Thanks to all the devs- your work is appreciated.
Who is John Galt?
-benediction-
Engineer
Engineer

Post by -benediction- »

There seemed to be something wrong with the download-page, it says that the file is not be placed on the server..
Expresso
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Expresso »

There seems to be a problem with the nightly downloads from the homepage.

Since r22610 (june 27, 2011) there seem to be no more nightlies. Has something gone wrong with the move to the new provider?
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

The compile farm didn't quite survive the move. I'm working on a new one (with buildbot) which works mostly, however for some unknown reason it fails to trigger building the nightly. It keeps saying that there were no changes since the last run...

So someone has to trigger them manually. Given than 27-30 of june only had translator updates, and then mostly of unfinished languages that don't end up in the nightlies I couldn't be bothered with triggering it.

As you might have noticed with the changelog of the source repository and my presence on the forum lately I don't have the time I want to spend on getting the issue fixed. On top of that I'm starting to doubt more and more whether buildbot is suited for the things we want the compile farm does, e.g. multiple different source repositories seems difficult.
Moriarty
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Moriarty »

There seems to be a problem with the downloads. All links on - http://www.openttd.org/en/download-trunk except for the "Documentation of Source (xz/lzma archive)" one point to a page like:
Not Found

The requested URL /binaries/nightlies/trunk/r24223/openttd-trunk-r24223-windows-win64.zip was not found on this server.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

There has been some issue with synchronizing the mirrors. Please try explicitly one of them: http://devs.openttd.org/~truebrain/mirror.txt
Gankenstein
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gankenstein »

So I decided to use the nightly build in order to play with CargoDist. I keep getting the 'incomplete graphics etc' message, even after installing the 'LATEST' OpenGFX, zBase, OpenSFX & OpenMSX.

What have I overlooked or done wrong?

This is on a WinXP system. There are Open*FX files both in ..\Documents\OpenTTD\content_download\baseset\ and in ..\Program Files\OpenTTD\baseset, this is confusing and I'd like to know where to properly put the new versions I just downloaded (and if I should delete the old versions).
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

If you have updated OpenGFX by means of the ingame content downloader and you still get that message, then you might try a nightly build of OpenGFX (just place it in the baseset folder, no need to delete anything), nightlies are available from the DevZone's bundle server.
Gankenstein
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gankenstein »

I already did that before my post above: got opengfx-r1016.zip from the 'LATEST' folder in the link you posted, unzipped it and dropped the resulting 'opengfx' folder in \Program Files\OpenTTD\baseset after deleting the opengfx folder which was there before.

The other opengfx versions I have (0.4.6 & 0.4.7) are in Documents\OpenTTD\content_download\baseset.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Gankenstein wrote:I already did that before my post above: got opengfx-r1016.zip from the 'LATEST' folder in the link you posted, unzipped it and dropped the resulting 'opengfx' folder in \Program Files\OpenTTD\baseset after deleting the opengfx folder which was there before.

The other opengfx versions I have (0.4.6 & 0.4.7) are in Documents\OpenTTD\content_download\baseset.
Yes, that's alright. content_download and all files and folders therein are managed by OpenTTD itself. Thus putting stuff there yourself is not advised. Manually retrieved content should go in the respective folders which are not sub-folders of 'content_download'. You did the right thing :-)

Does OpenGFX-r1016 also issue a warning about missing sprites? Is that OpenGFX actually active (you can check in the game options which you can access from the main menu).
Gankenstein
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gankenstein »

The active base graphics is actually zBase r250. This can be changed to OpenGFX (I thought zBase supplemented OpenGFX rather than replaced it - apparently this isn't so), but the version reported is indeed not r1016, but v. 0.4.7.

So, no, r1016 is not active. How can I change that?

Return to “General OpenTTD”