Windows and Linux (Nightly) Downloads

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Don
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Windows, Mac and Linux (Nightly) Downloads

Post by Don »

I am using OTTD_win9x_nightly R11315.zip. Downloaded it today. When I start the game I get the following Window: OPENTTD ini:Trailing charcters at end of setting 'Advanced_Vehicle_List [OK] [Cancel]. When I press [OK] the game starts and runs OK as far as I can tell. This happens when I load any nightly zip. Can not recall when this showed up. But I do know that a few months back this never showed up. I ran an old download dated may 15 2007 and did not get the above display. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Don
Leviath.NL
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Leviath.NL »

You're probably using an older openttd.cfg. You can open it and try to find the error or delete it and let openttd generate a new one (your setting will get lost)
Tom0004
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Tom0004 »

simply remove the line from your CFG file, found in your OTTD Folder
Don
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Don »

Thanks you for the info. I went back into the config file and found the line. Deleted it and now no MSG.
Again thank you for all of your time and consideration.
Best Regards
Don
DeXteRrBDN
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DeXteRrBDN »

is there a Win64 version?
glx
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by glx »

No, but you can use the win32 version.
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

Re:

Post by ostlandr »

Been seeing that myself- train 20 in the savegame I posted to the "ultimate realistic OpenTTD networks" thread keeps reporting as lost, and it only runs on a dedicated track between two stations (one is shared by other trains, though.)

The bizarre one was a coal train in another game- it ran on its own single track line from the mine to the power plant, no junctions except its own depot, and it would regularly tell me it was lost. :?

Not a problem, as the trains aren't actually lost. A minor annoyance at best.

bebeto94 wrote:Has the timing parameters been changed for lost trains ?? Every nightly after r10343 keeps telling me trains are lost when they are not . Someone explained to me that after a certain amount of time has elapsed the lost message is triggered . I am using a very large map (2048 x 2048) and steam trains from the 1930`s period and so there is bound to be a while before they reach their destination . Every minute or so the screen is plastered with most of my trains reported lost when they are perfectly on route . r10343 was fine and so were all the nightlies previous but the last three must have had some timing parameters changed . Is there likely to be any modification to rectify this in future releases ? Thanks :D
Who is John Galt?
Michael24
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Michael24 »

Well..

I think I'm going to download and try OTTD. I've read a little about it now, i can't find many reason why I should continue playing TTDP. (Well, actually its only to get huuuuge maps :p )
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

posted by Rubidium wrote: Removal of nightly targets
Monday, April 28th 2008 20:23 GMT

From tomorrow onward the nightlies targets macosx-intel, macosx-powerpc and all macosx dedicated builds will be removed from the compile farm.

One can replace each of these targets with the macosx target as this is a binary that works on both PowerPC and Intel (x86) processors. Furthermore a dedicated build is not needed anymore because this can also be done with the universal binary.
Good thing. I was always wondering why there were three versions for mac. The universal build has always been my favourite download and has (almost) never failed on me on either PowerPC's and Intel macs.
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
blackjak231
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blackjak231 »

Hi!

Im on an Intel macbook (OSX 10.5.x) and i wanted to install the latest nightly, but to my surprise, it didnt work! Rubidium explained to me that it is because the nighlties are compiled on a linux computer, so it doesnt work on macOSX intel based computer.
I just compiled the latest nighlty for macosx intel, so if you want to try it out macosx 10.5 users!

feedback is welcome.
Attachments
OTTD-macosxIntel-nightly-r14013.zip
(3.23 MiB) Downloaded 426 times
Octopuss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Octopuss »

I got somewhat ot question (maybe). Do the nightlies work in the way that at some point the current build is considered stable and gets official as let's say 0.6.3, or is it done a bit differently?
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

Nigtlies are created every night (hence nightlies) at some fixed time. At that moment, whatever is the current trunk, is used for building a set of binaries. Nobody is doing any form of stableness checking beforehand.

Versions that are considered 'stable' in some way, become releases, like '0.6.x' (optionally with 'RCy' appended if not everything is quite there).
nulio
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by nulio »

Where can we find the previous nightlies?

Since we have a new site I haven't been able to find it. I must be missing some link. :)
nulio
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by nulio »

Winter Soldier
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Winter Soldier »

Just wondering, where can i get the files that are on the disc if i don't have the disc?
Conditional Zenith
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Conditional Zenith »

[Moderator] Removed Link (Please don't link to those topics) [/Moderator]
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

Winter Soldier wrote:Just wondering, where can i get the files that are on the disc if i don't have the disc?
Buy the disc, dah ...

(or well, use other sources, but those are not legal, so we do not publish them here)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Last edited by peter1138 on 09 Feb 2009 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Improved URL. Don't take the piss.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Conditional Zenith
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Conditional Zenith »

XeryusTC wrote:Actually we do.
That's exactly the link I posted. I'm guessing it will suffer the same fate as my link.

Return to “General OpenTTD”