Windows and Linux (Nightly) Downloads

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

GrrBrr
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GrrBrr »

Yesssss, thanks a lot!
Thats great! :) :) :)
Gorre
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Gorre »

Born Acorn wrote:Im going to suggest one more type of airport.

Realistic type.

Where the runway(s) are twice as long as now, but still the same width, the terminal could still be at one end, but the planes downs the centre to end end on landing and take off.
Hmm, I don´t like this idea. TT isn´t very realistic at all (compare the size of aircrafts with trains) and one thing in game, which will be realitsic will look...strange.
Mad Dog McKill
President
President

Post by Mad Dog McKill »

You want realism?

Make your own transport empire....... in real life :P :wink:

P.S. Thank you very very much, developers, for the nightly builds!
OT: By FIREMARK: "Limitation disturbs me very sprites. Goes it throw out limitation?"
My Last.fm Profile
My Facebook Profile
Gorfob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gorfob »

Just quickly, could the devs edit the first post when its updated and whats in it or is that to much effort.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Gorfob wrote:Just quickly, could the devs edit the first post when its updated and whats in it or is that to much effort.
too much work. It's updated daily anyway. Right now at 19.00 GMT, but that might change in the future
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Bjarni wrote:
Gorfob wrote:Just quickly, could the devs edit the first post when its updated and whats in it or is that to much effort.
too much work. It's updated daily anyway. Right now at 19.00 GMT, but that might change in the future
Isn't it 20:00?

Anyways, it is updated every day. The OTTD-(OS)-nightly_build.zip incudes a file called svnlog.log (at least the windows one does), where the changes of the last 5 days can be seen.

I'll update the startpost to reflect this.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Darkvater wrote:Isn't it 20:00?
19:00 GMT = 20:00 MET(your time zone) :wink:
Gorfob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gorfob »

Thanks for the info about the changes file, ncie quick response too.

BTW OpenTTD am win!

EDIT: I posted up a bug on Sourceforge involving heliports
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Gorfob wrote:Thanks for the info about the changes file, ncie quick response too.

BTW OpenTTD am win!

EDIT: I posted up a bug on Sourceforge involving heliports
Gorfob: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=636365
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I have decided to from now on release NIGHTLY BUILDS with code-checking still inside. This will mean you will get crashes (assertions) a lot sooner.

You can 'Ignore' them, or stop the game. If it is a once-in-a-lifetime problem, you can simply ignore it, and it won't come back. If you 'ignore' it and it comes back time after time, it is a serious problem :)

With this, you can send the assert message and possible console output to SourceForge.

Note - There's one assertion that you will get everytime you want to save game/autosave and you have an international airport. You can simply ignore this, until it is fixed
jungleslang.nl
Engineer
Engineer

Post by jungleslang.nl »

You guys (developers and others) who make OTTD possible rock!
thanks a million.
MYOB
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by MYOB »

How goes it on nightly source tarballs? I can't use SVN from behind my (over active) proxy server...
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

MYOB wrote:How goes it on nightly source tarballs? I can't use SVN from behind my (over active) proxy server...
I asked MiHaMiX to add a snapshot of the source to the nightly builds. It might be ready for the next upload of nightly builds
MYOB
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by MYOB »

Bjarni wrote:
MYOB wrote:How goes it on nightly source tarballs? I can't use SVN from behind my (over active) proxy server...
I asked MiHaMiX to add a snapshot of the source to the nightly builds. It might be ready for the next upload of nightly builds
I can start work on a BeOS BONE build cron job then. Although convincing my firewall to let scp through will probably be impossible... (its websense and I can't configure it)
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

is possible to play in LAN with 2 different nightlies?
MT3269
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MT3269 »

Nightly build doesn't work for me.

Here's the error msg

Assertion failed!

Program: C:\UNZIPPED\OTTD-WIN32-NIGHTLY_BUILD\OPENTTD.EXE
File: .\ttd.c
Line: 64

Expression: 0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
Saskia
Director
Director

Post by Saskia »

Wolf01 wrote:is possible to play in LAN with 2 different nightlies?
Should be, if they don't differ in the used network game "protocol", and don't have too different gamecontent features like international airports a.s.o. and only normal airport.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Saskia wrote:
Wolf01 wrote:is possible to play in LAN with 2 different nightlies?
Should be, if they don't differ in the used network game "protocol", and don't have too different gamecontent features like international airports a.s.o. and only normal airport.
I would not recommend playing with different nightlies. Why not just download it?
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Trainskier1406 wrote:Nightly build doesn't work for me.

Here's the error msg

Assertion failed!

Program: C:\UNZIPPED\OTTD-WIN32-NIGHTLY_BUILD\OPENTTD.EXE
File: .\ttd.c
Line: 64

Expression: 0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
Please post your problems in the OpenTTD Problems forum.
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

What the hell happened to svnlog.log file it's always empty :evil:
Please post a list of changes.

Return to “General OpenTTD”