Windows and Linux (Nightly) Downloads

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Killer 11 wrote:What the hell happened to svnlog.log file it's always empty :evil:
Please post a list of changes.
Because I am going on a holiday I had to switch the nightly build machine. Unfortunately it is behind a firewall, so I cannot attach any svn changes.

See it like a can full of unknown adventures. You never know what you will get :D
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Darkvater wrote:
Killer 11 wrote:What the hell happened to svnlog.log file it's always empty :evil:
Please post a list of changes.
Because I am going on a holiday I had to switch the nightly build machine. Unfortunately it is behind a firewall, so I cannot attach any svn changes.

See it like a can full of unknown adventures. You never know what you will get :D
sounds likes a kinder egg. You don't know what you got until you get it :)
It sounds like it would be good if I uploaded a standalone txt file with the changes, so windows users don't have to download the mac nightly build to see what they get when they download the windows nightly build

http://openttd.rulez.org/download/night ... ionlog.txt
It's just the svn log, so it's common for all platforms even though it's in the mac dir
also, it's pretty large (54k) because it contains everything since 0.3.2.1 was released. I will make it small tomorrow
Rad
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rad »

I have only recently come across Open TTD so I've spent the last few days pouring through the forums to figure out how things work. I've got the official release up and running and have been trying to get the nightly build to work as well. I can install it over the official release and run it but it defaults to German (mine was originally set to English). I poked around the start menu til I found the language choice and picked French and then picked English. However, I still have German text. Is there an additional step beyond unzipping the nightly build over the current 0.3.2.1 release version that I need to do to enable English?
dominik81
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by dominik81 »

Rad wrote:I poked around the start menu til I found the language choice and picked French and then picked English. However, I still have German text.
Sorry, that's a bug in the latest nightly build. It'll work as usual in the next nightly build.
Last edited by dominik81 on 10 Jul 2004 22:29, edited 1 time in total.
"There's a readme that comes with the source. I suggest you read it."
- Korenn
Rad
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rad »

Thanks for the quick update - my sanity returns.
Moriarty
Tycoon
Tycoon
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Post by Moriarty »

Why is the latest windows nightly:

OTTD-win32-nightly_build.zip 11-Jul-2004 19:57 528k

i.e. 11th July?

It's now the 15th.
And it's not the server clock a few days out, because linux most recent nightly up-to-date.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

Moriarty wrote:Why is the latest windows nightly:

i.e. 11th July?

It's now the 15th.
And it's not the server clock a few days out, because linux most recent nightly up-to-date.
It looks like the computer is down. It should work all by itself while Darkvater is away
VladP17
Engineer
Engineer

Post by VladP17 »

is the multiplayer gonna be available in one of the nigtly build for linux soon?

Lan would do fine at least
MT3269
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by MT3269 »

In the latest nightly build (win) the AI only builds two wagons for every size 3 platform train. Why?
lucaspiller
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lucaspiller »

VladP17 wrote:is the multiplayer gonna be available in one of the nigtly build for linux soon?

Lan would do fine at least
It has been available ever since 0.3.2 I think - maybe earlier.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

Bjarni wrote:
Moriarty wrote:Why is the latest windows nightly:

i.e. 11th July?

It's now the 15th.
It looks like the computer is down. It should work all by itself while Darkvater is away
Sorry about that guys. The PC should've worked fine while I was away, something must've disturbed its duties.

However I'm back now, so expect a new nightly at the same old times agian as before :D. Also, people should play with 0.3.3 shouldn't they? ;)
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Rexxie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rexxie »

Yaaay! Thanks Darkvater, appreciate it :)
- Rexxie
Sanity is a full time job.
bociusz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Again? :(

Post by bociusz »

Nightly builds aren't updating again :(

And I can't connect to http://www.openttd.com (timeout)!
:cry:
dominik81
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by dominik81 »

The whole servers, including the website and SVN repository is down since July 29th. It's not only a DNS problem as some people are thinking. We're doing all we can to get it online again. We haven't been able to do any commits because of this, therefore the nightly build from July 29th is up-to-date.
"There's a readme that comes with the source. I suggest you read it."
- Korenn
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

SVN backup is back up, so you can expect the nightly builds again regularly at 20:00 hours.

Since we were not yet able to get back the old SVN repostory, revision numbering has been restarted from 1. If you want the true revision until this final problem is fixed, add 975 to the revision shown in the main menu :).
ConductorBob
Director
Director

Post by ConductorBob »

The nightly build is in like Czech and doesn't have english under the lang. in-game-menu. What shhould I do?
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

ConductorBob wrote:The nightly build is in like Czech and doesn't have english under the lang. in-game-menu. What shhould I do?
They are in there. I just downloaded the nightly and it works. Are you sure you have put everything in the right folder?
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

ConductorBob wrote:The nightly build is in like Czech and doesn't have english under the lang. in-game-menu. What shhould I do?
I had the same problem, it was solved when I recopied everything from the lang dir.

strgen is not a part of the last Nightly Build, maybe thats what caused my problem.
I used strgen and found out is was an older version than the game, so I recopied the files and it worked.
bociusz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by bociusz »

There is no nightly build today?
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

bociusz wrote:There is no nightly build today?
Eh :). I have set up a script that does it every night. Just at the time of the nightly build the source was broken, so no nightly build was released. Sorry about that ;)

Return to “General OpenTTD”