Transport Tycoon Forums

The place to talk about Transport Tycoon
It is currently Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:03 pm 
Engineer
Engineer

Hi,

I tried to see if another thread of this type had been started in regard to OpenTTD, but I was unable to find one. I didn't look too hard though, so feel free to smack me if there's already one.

I know that TTDPatch has (or used to have based on the last time I was playing it, years ago) a mode that would preserve the original gameplay rules of the game.

I would really like to see this in OpenTTD. I enjoy supporting open source software and I believe in its primary purpose which is to support software with bugfixes from a community base instead of a commercial base, but I am a die-hard original fan and the idea of playing a modified TTD seems foreign and perhaps like (forgive me for using this rash word) "cheating." I enjoy some of the realism settings, but I'm afraid of taking the judgement of gameplay decisions from someone other than Mr. Sawyer. I suppose in reality the dev team is no more credible than Sawyer is for building an effective game, but some of the enhancements seem unbalancing to me.

If there is already a feature for this, please do inform me! Otherwise, I would enjoy a discussion about this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 6:58 pm 
Tycoon
Tycoon

As far as I know all new and changing features have a switch to turn them off/on. Some are general fixes or gameplay enhancements, that you don't want to turn off (like offices in snow-towns accept food), and should be turned on always.