Request of recommenation of a strategic railway pack

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

marioxcc
Engineer
Engineer

Request of recommenation of a strategic railway pack

Post by marioxcc »

Hello.

I am looking for a NewGRF railway pack that helps in making single-player strategic. That is it, that making profitable business requires acting with thought. With the default configuration, nearly all obvious routes lead to profit.

Currently I am playing a game with FIRS using the “steeltown” economy and the vehicles maintenance cost multiples (with the basecost NewGRF) set to 4 and “high” (in the configuration) but with day length scale set to 3 (so this partially counters the increased maintenance). It took me several tries until I found profitable routes. When expanding, I have to think what would be an efficient use of resources. For example, routes in which trains spend most of the time idling waiting for cargo leads to losses; using a powerful locomotive to haul little cargo also leads to losses, and so on. I find the game more intellectually rewarding this way.

Can you recommend a train set that will go well with this playing style? I do not especially care about replicating real-world locomotive models or having tens of vehicles to choose for. Thanks.
skyrish19
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Request of recommenation of a strategic railway pack

Post by skyrish19 »

I think Pikka's Pineapple Trains or Iron Horse might fit for this one.

Return to “General OpenTTD”