Modify Vehicle running cost of certain (from many) grfs

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

einsteinyh
Engineer
Engineer

Modify Vehicle running cost of certain (from many) grfs

Post by einsteinyh »

Hi.
I've got a question, modifying road vehicle running costs of 3 GRFs on a list of 40 (15 RV related) is possible?
I want decrease costs for Long Vehicles and NARVS as they are too expensive compared with rest of vehicle GRFs (I already checked that huge list works as I want, excepting those 3 costs)
I've tried using 2 versions of Base costs Mod Grf and it didn't work as the second has overwritten the setting; placing those 3 at the beginning or the end of list, placing the cost modifier for cheaper before and after them (and some other possible combinations)
Please can anybody help me? Thanks. :roll:
Attachments
Captura.png
Captura.png (7.71 KiB) Viewed 1194 times
kamnet

Re: Modify Vehicle running cost of certain (from many) grfs

Post by kamnet »

BaseCost modifier only affects default OpenTTD things. It has no effect on other NewGRFs. The only way you can change those, if they have no option of modifying costs in their own settings, is to see if you can download the source code, make the changes you want yourself, and then re-compile them as a new NewGRF. Or, contact the authors and ask them if they will make the changes.
_dp_
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: Modify Vehicle running cost of certain (from many) grfs

Post by _dp_ »

For some newgrfs you can write your own additional grf that will change vehicle prices as you want. But that depends on grf implementation. If it's setting prices in callbacks (like NUTS) then yes, patching source (of either grf or openttd) is the only way.

Return to “General OpenTTD”